• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Setting up movers...both DIY and pre-built

Re: Setting up movers...both DIY and pre-built

I'm interested in this also...I heard a member used a garage door opener with some success. I would like to get something set up for my guys also.

Glad someone brought this up. I've been working on a system for myself that I was considering maybe later retailing.

It sets up in only a couple minutes and can move either paper or figure targets back and forth across 50+ ft at speeds from 1 - 15 mph. Would eventually use a 1000+ yard wireless controller.

Is this something anyone would really be interested in seeing on the market? I'm guessing it would retail for around $1,000.00

You would think there would be a fairly simple way to custom rig a basic RC vehicle. Yes, fairly simple is relative.

Pm sent to SSG Chris Rance.

We are using the AT Runner for all weapons systems! The limiting factor is being able to extend the distance for the controller. Yes, you can set someone aside and operate it, but some really frown on anyone being down range unless they are behind the backstop.

The system functions well enough, but the only speed control is by switching the string on the drive motor! It has two sizes! I don't know if a rheostat may help too, but it is either "on" or "off" and going at which ever speed you set it for.

All in all, the system works but, has its limitations!

The mover that JTP uses at Wenatchee was fairly straight forward to build, but is a litle more complex than an RC car. It ran an equivelant of 30 miles last month un-attended until the generator ran out of gas.

I used a 1/2 hp inverter duty 3 phase motor driven with a 120 VAC frequency drive that allows the speed to be adjusted precisely. I originally used a gear drive motor but found the pinion gear too fragile for this application, so went to a 1/2" shaft and used pulleys for the original gear reduction.

We used AR 500 for the target and suspended it off conveyer strap to help with some of the impact and it withstood hundreds of impacts in a day.