• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Setting up my new range near Henryetta, OK !

okrebel92

Engineer
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2010
Stillwater, OK
I'm in the process of setting up my new 1000 yard range (possibly 1200 yards) near Henryetta, OK. I decided to take my SPS Tactical and hit some steel at the 500 yard mark and did well. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it private and just for me or if I'm gonna open it up to a group of people. PM me if you are local and want to shoot here, we might be able to work something out. Anyway, heres some pictures.
031501_142900-1.jpg

031501_134400-1.jpg

031501_142900.jpg

031501_131500.jpg

fuiikjuhgfg.jpg

Re: Setting up my new range near Henryetta, OK !

i cant begin to tell you how many grass fires i think i started.....

how are you going to put your out ?

lol good question. Thats a rural water tower next to the radio tower. Its only about 100 yards from the target thats farthest away from it. I guess if there's a fire they can just refill their trucks there or put a hose directly on the tower. I also plan on clearing a 30 foot area around each target so i can see bullet impacts better and to help avert some of the fire danger.
smile.gif

rebel,

Considering the grass fire issue, especially with our current dry spell, I'll try to get with one of the guys at the OKC gun club about it. If I get any good tips, I'll PM you what I find out. Our high power range is only 600 yards, but has never had a grass fire.

Might want to get some AR500 steel. It looks like the 300 yard stuff is chewing yours up pretty good. I believe I've seen some guy here on the Hide that makes steel down your way. Looks like it will be a nice set up. Have fun!

tnichols said:
Might want to get some AR500 steel. It looks like the 300 yard stuff is chewing yours up pretty good. I believe I've seen some guy here on the Hide that makes steel down your way. Looks like it will be a nice set up. Have fun! [/quote

Wow, I would sure love to know who that is. You wouldn't happen to who would you?

Maybe try an advanced search for steel targets and see what comes up. It just seems that I remember seeing a guy in OK or north TX making steel targets. I use Arntzen steel out of Rockford IL. Good product and it's close to us, so the shipping doesn't kill you. We just purchased another 2/3 scale IPSC (20"x12") target in AR500 steel with a folding stand for $175 shipped.