• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Seven Samurai

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
DVR'd this a few weeks ago because I have not seen it in ages.

Seeing so much more this time than I ever did... Kurosawa was a genius.

I know, inspired by John Ford, Frank Capra and others... But he also took huge inspration from his family roots and Japanese tradition and legend.

And all those movies where the 'one central character' goes out and recruits a band to go and right a wrong (From The Magnificent Seven to Uncommon Valor to Predator and Star Wars... can trace their roots to the story line.

Such a fun story to watch...

In troubled times, we need good escapism and a hope that in bad times, good folks will rise up and protect the weak, instead of exploiting them.

Sirhr

The only true Samurai.

1692142246541.png

And when he's incognito.

1692142328106.png

The only true Samurai.

View attachment 8205678

And when he's incognito.

View attachment 8205679

You know the backstory on his Samurai character?

In 1976, while doing Samurai Hotel, I think, Belushi was pretty swacked on Jack and Coke... so to speak... and he hit guest host Buck Henry on the head with the Katana sword and opened a real cut!! But they finished the sketch and Buck Henry finished the show with a BandAid on his head.

To show their loyalty, at the end of the show, every actor (including a Teddy Bear) came out at the end of the show with a bandage on their head.

Not sure Belushi was allowed a 'real' blade after that.

But Belushi did chop Buck Henry in the head with a real samurai sword on live TV.

Cheers,

Sirhr

You know the backstory on his Samurai character?

In 1976, while doing Samurai Hotel, I think, Belushi was pretty swacked on Jack and Coke... so to speak... and he hit guest host Buck Henry on the head with the Katana sword and opened a real cut!! But they finished the sketch and Buck Henry finished the show with a BandAid on his head.

To show their loyalty, at the end of the show, every actor (including a Teddy Bear) came out at the end of the show with a bandage on their head.

Not sure Belushi was allowed a 'real' blade after that.

But Belushi did chop Buck Henry in the head with a real samurai sword on live TV.

Cheers,

Sirhr
He’s one of my favorites but I didn’t know that story. Learn something new everyday.

DVR'd this a few weeks ago because I have not seen it in ages.

Seeing so much more this time than I ever did... Kurosawa was a genius.

I know, inspired by John Ford, Frank Capra and others... But he also took huge inspration from his family roots and Japanese tradition and legend.

And all those movies where the 'one central character' goes out and recruits a band to go and right a wrong (From The Magnificent Seven to Uncommon Valor to Predator and Star Wars... can trace their roots to the story line.

Such a fun story to watch...

In troubled times, we need good escapism and a hope that in bad times, good folks will rise up and protect the weak, instead of exploiting them.

Sirhr
I haven’t watched that in years!! I’m totally going to watch it this weekend.