• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Sex wax or others? For use on rifle.

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Unknown
Just as a “hmmm, I wonder how this would work?” I waxed up the forearm of my stock with some surf board wax prior to shooting a few practice stages over the weekend to see if it would stay planted in my bag on barricades a bit better. I’m not sure if I was searching for a positive effect that really wasn’t there or what, but I seemed to feel more glued into my bag.

Not that the rifle moves around a lot on the bag to begin with, but this did feel like it cut down movement.

Has anyone one else tried this, or would be willing to see how it effects their performance on stages like traps, portholes, etc?

I usually just otter wax my bags to hell and back... accomplishes the same thing without having to put it on your rifle.

Definitely use tropical it's a harder wax and will withstand the heat without getting gummy