• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos SH gets first view..

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
As promised, the very first shots of the Bulldog from away. This is one of the units (Bulldog) in testing. The results of all the testing is the new Bullfrog series rifles. If you like your .308s in the gas operated, fully operational when smaller than a collapsed CAR variety, well this rigs for you. Gen II upper with close to barrel axis is now standard.

Many more to come.

Re: SH gets first view..

Those mountains look familiar...although once you've seen one, you've seen them all... Looks like a sweet rifle though...

Sign me up, i love bullpups and that Gen 2 covers most of the problems i had with your Gen 1.

Swivel cups for sling mounts in the works?

Is the grip removable/replaceable?

Is mag release standard, if not.. what are potential drawbacks or possibilities of failure for what you have?

Fredo, you want to contact Rich directly. Go to his web site:

http://www.shortrifles.com/

Tell him Rollin sent you and you saw about it on SH.

Stock sling attach points are all threaded so cups are possible on all models. Note: G2a all had cups.
All grips changeable
Standard original Mag release, can be extended
Adjustable gas port available
Everything that can be done to an M14/M1a can be done to action.

What's the length of pull and is it adjustable. The AWC G2 length of pull is too long for most people. Are you using Amega ranges top cover?

LaFrance? Jim? Well, you asked a great question. Here we go.

As you quite correctly pointed out, for some, the original LOP of the AWC series was too long, it was 17.2" (rear of stock to trigger). For many it was not a problem because of the unique check weld, but for some they felt it was too long. Rich (5'11") designed the BullDog series to be fully adjustable. First off, we start with a 15" LOP (rear of stock to trigger) and then build out from their. Length, for those over 6'6" is accomplished by adding a machined shoulder block sets. The cheek weld is adjustable by a pad system added to the stock. The cheek pad was, in part, developed for cold wather applications as well. 5' to 7' should be G2G.

There are three (3) different uppers in use or production. The Amega is seen above.

Lastly, LaFrance, you remember the G2 trigger (cable trigger set, 1:1 ratio bell crank)? Well, that is completely replaced with a solid system comprising of a 1:1 SS rod of as most remarkable countouring that provides completely stock trigger feel. If one has a properly prepared 2 stage trigger, one will find this system takes full advantage of it.

It appears as though we have swallowed some of the same dust. Definately the same place I was at fall of 06 to spring of 07.

Dolomite

Can the UltiMAK M8 be used in place of the AmegaRanges rail?

From Rich " we have never tried the the utimak, but I believe it will work; also it may require a riser for a good cheek weld, or taller rings, or the LaRue QD mount works well with optics. You can save $125.00 if you do not need the top rail mount. Rich"

Rolling THunder you are such a tease. The stock wont be ready until March.
frown.gif
I want it now.

Good point, I'll give him a ring and see where the project stands.
I'll be back...

In production as you see it here. Also the Smaller Ruger .223 stock is scheduled to be built in the next few months. I've asked for more details, waiting for same.

Love the SpecterDR
wink.gif

How is the balance on the ass heavy production version of the BullDog with 16", 18" and 22" barrels?

In other words, what length and weight barrel gives you the best balance?

Thank you.

I think it looks very nice for a bullpup! I'm not a fan but it seems ot be a HUGE step over many designs out there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..

H2O, here is a better one for you.

</div></div>

Thank you!

I spoke with Rich over at SRSS and I am ready to spend money on a BullDog.

No problem, here is one more from the "back whens."
One of the four Panzer Grey units made. Quite the team...Lynn and Gale, and now Rich.

url]

Luke is probably right... but wait.. is that Asadabad? Camp Wright?