• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SH SxS THREAD...Show us your carbon footprint!

10ring'r

Old, Fat, Grumpy, Gimpy and have no F's to give!
Minuteman
  • Apr 9, 2019
    The Cold&Humid North
    009.jpg
    Being bored, I decided to start a new thread (since there was one for motorcycles, so only fair). Show us what you drive.
    Had to give up bikes, but, couldn't get out of the dirt.
    Box Stock (basically) 2022 Polaris RZR XP 1000 Premium
    ETA: I'm tired of F'n politics!!

Last edited:
    I don't have one of the machine but here's from the driver's seat of my 2014 RZR 800.
    Nice view. I'm hoping to make it out to the Rockies next summer. Going to start with So. Dakota, hopefully. Did some jeeping in Utah/Colorado for a couple of years. Miss the mountains and what they have to offer. Foot/leg issues keep me out of the dirt bike/racing thing. More of a "cruiser" now. Plus, the wifey can go and bitch about my driving :rolleyes:. Mac(y)

Nice view. I'm hoping to make it out to the Rockies next summer. Going to start with So. Dakota, hopefully. Did some jeeping in Utah/Colorado for a couple of years. Miss the mountains and what they have to offer. Foot/leg issues keep me out of the dirt bike/racing thing. More of a "cruiser" now. Plus, the wifey can go and bitch about my driving :rolleyes:. Mac(y)

Exactly why I won't buy one. Wife has her own 4 wheeler, I have my own dirtbike along with the kids.

I only have to talk when we're stopped. The rest of the time I'm in the scenery.

Just a utility use piece here. JD XUV560. No pics of it, but imagine used and slightly abused

Reactions: 10ring'r
    Exactly why I won't buy one. Wife has her own 4 wheeler, I have my own dirtbike along with the kids.

I only have to talk when we're stopped. The rest of the time I'm in the scenery.
    I don't mean to dog on my wife, but, we've been together for over 30 years and she's been a member of my pit-crew(s) for about 20 of those years. She's done the quad/dual-sport/sand rail/jeep/snowmobile thing with me quite awhile. All I have to do to keep her quiet... is stand on the loud pedal a little harder! Then I get the quiet treatment for a couple of hours, hell, maybe even days(?). Love is a wonderful/splendid thing! Mac;)

Reactions: jrassy
    Mine has AC and a windshield View attachment 8012987
    2012 019.JPG

Back when I first got my '04 Ruby. Was just starting to modify it.
    With me, all things with motors, turn into F'n money pits. I just can't help myself.
    The wifey has the consistent "stink-eye" thing going on when it comes to me and my toys. Mac

View attachment 8013004
    Back when I first got my '04 Ruby. Was just starting to modify it.
    With me, all things with motors, turn into F'n money pits. I just can't help myself.
    The wifey has the consistent "stink-eye" thing going on when it comes to me and my toys. Mac
    We play with the full caged stuff from time to time as well. One SxS came out that day
    0673A9AD-D041-4B4C-AC0F-A9023D7A9D65.jpeg

We play with the full caged stuff from time to time as well. One SxS came out that day
    View attachment 8013137
    Them Baja Bugs were the thing back in the day. My sandrail had a 2375cc (350 C.I. Chevy pistons/Hi-Lift cams/Weber carbs) in it, that put out close to 195+ H.P..
    Also had a '69 bus trans.. At 60+, in 4th gear, I could stand it on it's ass with two people on board. Thing weighed 900 lbs. w/10 gals. of fuel. Crazy fun in the Glamis/Dumont dunes. Had off-road tires for it for the deserts of commiefornia.
    Ahhhh, the memories. Wish I could post a pic of it. Old print stuff, and I don't have any scanned. Mac

Got a good buddy that does them back in Arkansas. We had about 20 baja setups out that day. My brother has a Manx body he is about to start a 350 sbc swap on. I’ve got a 66 I’ve debated turning into a baja, but it is too pretty and clean right now.

My trail machine.

View attachment 8013141

On the trail skid pan inspection.

View attachment 8013142
    Nice ride! I wanted the General XP 1000 (nicer cockpit), but, it was too tall for my shop and shed (drop ceilings). The RZR just barely fit. When I decided to finally buy a SxS last summer, dealer had the one I bought on the floor and it was the only one he had, that wasn't already sold.
    Don't regret it. The susp. is tits, plenty of GO when I need it (for my old fat ass anyways!), and with me having to wear a brace on my left leg, I'm not cramped up, I can ride/drive all day, and not feel like a shitball. Mac (y)

Got a good buddy that does them back in Arkansas. We had about 20 baja setups out that day. My brother has a Manx body he is about to start a 350 sbc swap on. I’ve got a 66 I’ve debated turning into a baja, but it is too pretty and clean right now.
    Scan0009 (2).jpg

What do ya know, I found one! Taken out in Jaw Bone Canyon, Ca. about '91(?).
    Off-Road tires there. Had paddles/balloonies for the dunes.
    ETA: Boy, this thread sure headed in a different direction, didn't it? Mac

Nice. Always liked sand rails and buggies. I’ll dig up a pic of the side by side to get this place back on track.

We’re all kids with adhd round here. Gotta keep us focused or we’ll start talking about boobs and shit

• Haha
    View attachment 8013171
    And with 5 kids, it looks like a powersports dealership around my place in the summer.
    Yeah, I get the kid thing, for sure. At one time, my garage had a boat, quad, 2 ea. race bikes, Touring (G.W.) bike, 2 ea. Dual Sports, oh, can't forget all the toolboxes.
    Once the kids left, we liquidated. Now, I'm down to a car, trailer, SxS, and 1 ea. Roll-Away. AND I LIKE IT!
    Mac

Reactions: goinghunting
    Gotta ask ya about that spare tire mount. I'm planning to go to S. Dakota next summer. I want to have a spare along for the ride. Does the tire block your view from the rearview mirror? I'm 6'2", so I sit kinda high up.
    Bet that thing rides great with a load in it, long wheel base and all. Nice!
    Thanks! Mac

Gotta ask ya about that spare tire mount. I'm planning to go to S. Dakota next summer. I want to have a spare along for the ride. Does the tire block your view from the rearview mirror? I'm 6'2", so I sit kinda high up.
    Bet that thing rides great with a load in it, long wheel base and all. Nice!
    Thanks! Mac
    It's a Tusk setup from Rocky Mountain ATV, I'm 6'3" and I can have it high enough to see behind with the rear view mirrow and still be just below the roof line.

It's a Tusk setup from Rocky Mountain ATV, I'm 6'3" and I can have it high enough to see behind with the rear view mirrow and still be just below the roof line.
    Sounds great. I was looking at that same mount from RMATV/MC. I have a large storage trunk/box in the bed of mine, and a convex Polaris rear view mirror. I also
    have the mirror hung low for my wife (vertically challenged), when I allow her to drive:ROFLMAO:, but, high enough for me without ducking down. So, I hoped it would be low enough for both of us to see below the tire, but, still see above the top of the box, without adjusting/re-adjusting. That Polaris mirror is fantastic to see traffic behind you, so, I hate to lose it. I'll have to check into it a little more, but, sounds good so far. Again, thanks.
    Mac(y)

PXL_20220502_180453428.jpg

Doesn't haul ass like some of the other rigs in this thread, but it will haul 2000 lbs in the hydraulic dump bed. It also has a proper manual transmission, and my 12-year-old is currently getting row-your-own lessons.

I likely have the ugliest and most basic sxs here, it's an early ranger, it's slow, rides like shit and is uncomfortable to ride in. Luckily it's paid for and helps out around the house.

Took it on a hunt this year and snapped off the sway bar, sway bar end. It's just gone..... no clue where it went.

Just a plain Jane pioneer 1000 here. Works great for piling the family into all 5 seats and fits in the back of camper just fine. It's been an awesome rig in the trails, even those "50 inch only" places. Hopefully this coming summer it'll do good out to the sand dunes to play with rest the toys
    20210722_185720.jpg

RZR 1000 XP and I bought my four year old twin girls a rzr 170 each because it’s easier than trying to make them share

Attachments

• 2582F3BF-A1B5-49ED-8629-9DDCEBFAEFF0.jpeg
      2582F3BF-A1B5-49ED-8629-9DDCEBFAEFF0.jpeg
      312.1 KB · Views: 25
    • 8A1A88D0-EC36-4867-AC3D-8EFCBC5FB504.jpeg
      8A1A88D0-EC36-4867-AC3D-8EFCBC5FB504.jpeg
      480.1 KB · Views: 27