• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SHADOW TECH SYSTEM (glock)

scorpio 25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2005
Just wondering what you think about these SHADOW TECH SYSTEMS any feed back? saw one the other day wondering if there all the hype

I haven't heard anything bad about them but I don't think they fit in holsters for the G19 and I'm not buying more to change to this pistol.

They absolutely fit in a G-19 holster. Perfectly. That is, the MR-920 does. I love mine. Flat shooting, great adjustable grip angle, nice trigger, nice grip texture, built it alacart, what's not to like? Noticeably lighter than a G19 also.
IMG_1471.jpg

Price looks to be around $400 more? Haven’t had the chance to shoot one yet.

These look sweet. Did they fix the Glock grip angle?

If not, the cz p10, hk vp, 320 and 365 are worthy options.

Shot a couple mags worth of ammo in one a year ago and I don’t see any benefits to speak of. it just didn’t do anything for me. But it does seem like a quality piece and guys love em.

Just build a polymer 80, better frame out the box with all the good mods by default and a proper grip angle, and much more freedom by design.

The same could be said about Glock upgrades in general. Point is, if you're going to buy a Glock and do shit to it, you're money ahead just buying a SS
I don’t disagree, however in that case you no longer have a Glock.

shadow systems MR 920 is 21.5 oz
Glock 19 is 23.99 oz.
And here are a few quotes from shadow system website regarding the MR920,
“the match grade barrel is conveniently rifled......”
Competitors need to conveniently rifle their barrels now.
“Drop safe trigger...” ok
“The industry’s flattest shooting pistol now hits even faster”
Seems like 357 is flatter shooting and a lot faster hitting.
They do have better sights though. Can’t believe glock is still using them stupid plastic air soft sights.
Just wondering if you compare the STS against the gen 5 G19 mos what would you say ?

This is why I posted above that I didn't think it fit a Glock 19 holster. Tier 1 shows a different option for the Shadows because the trigger guards are different but they may work in Glock 19 holster if you run a light.

i-mthpwwW-L.jpg

Last edited:
I have the mr920 combat and have been running it for 6 months or so. At this point I think it’s the best “glock” ever made. All the shit you would want to do to glock to make it better is in there. Especially grip angle

Reactions: 1911hombre
Could you expand? I shot a rental at the range the other day and was happy with the G19 equivalent with a Holosun mounted on it.

There's no recoil bosses what so ever for any optics. It's just a bigassed oversized cut and a little polymer spacer goes in the rear and thats it. They are tight on the rear but a gap in the front so you have the screws holding it down, the spacer holding it from moving rearward at all, but putting forward pressure on those screws that should only ever be holding the optic down to the slide. Then you have a gap in the front along with that forward pressure.

When setting up bolt guns there's a big reason why we push the mount forward and have the front of the recoil lug against the rail... RECOIL.

I just don't see how it can be an effective solution. There's recoil bosses on these optics for a reason, they need to be there to hold the optic under recoil, a spacer at only the rear isn't going to do it.

They did it to make the slide work with as many optics as possible without plates because that's all people seem to give a shit about, no concern if the optic will actually stay on the damn gun under recoil or not.

Reactions: superde
shadow systems MR 920 is 21.5 oz
Glock 19 is 23.99 oz.
And here are a few quotes from shadow system website regarding the MR920,
“the match grade barrel is conveniently rifled......”
Competitors need to conveniently rifle their barrels now.
“Drop safe trigger...” ok
“The industry’s flattest shooting pistol now hits even faster”
Seems like 357 is flatter shooting and a lot faster hitting.
They do have better sights though. Can’t believe glock is still using them stupid plastic air soft sights.
I think you read their website too quickly. The actual quote regarding the rifling is "The match-grade barrel is conventionally rifled and spiral-fluted to improve evacuation of debris."

Conventionally. Not conveniently

Well my go to is a gen 4 G19 with idot pro iron sights. I prefer the finger grooves. 😄
For some reason Scott jedlinski is not a fan of the MOS mounting system. 🤷‍♂️
As for the STS, I don’t think there is anything someone could really complain about. Accurate, reliable, good looking pistol. They make a lot of little or big changes that people ask for that Glock doesn’t offer in factory form.
thanks for the info

There's no recoil bosses what so ever for any optics. It's just a bigassed oversized cut and a little polymer spacer goes in the rear and thats it. They are tight on the rear but a gap in the front so you have the screws holding it down, the spacer holding it from moving rearward at all, but putting forward pressure on those screws that should only ever be holding the optic down to the slide. Then you have a gap in the front along with that forward pressure.

When setting up bolt guns there's a big reason why we push the mount forward and have the front of the recoil lug against the rail... RECOIL.

I just don't see how it can be an effective solution. There's recoil bosses on these optics for a reason, they need to be there to hold the optic under recoil, a spacer at only the rear isn't going to do it.

They did it to make the slide work with as many optics as possible without plates because that's all people seem to give a shit about, no concern if the optic will actually stay on the damn gun under recoil or not.
The spacer goes in FRONT thereby removing ALL slop. If all else fails, read the directions, or since you don't have one anyway you can probably access a manual online. OPTIC CAN'T MOVE.
They used to be. App says “No Rewards” now.
No, they're back on there. As of a week or two now. At least they are to me; maybe we have different affiliation levels. I work in the industry.

Last edited:
I like mine. I considered buying a Glock and then putting all the Gucci parts on it but this route ends up at the same place for a lower cost and without the wait times for machine work.

The spacer goes in FRONT thereby removing ALL slop. If all else fails, read the directions, or since you don't have one anyway you can probably access a manual online. OPTIC CAN'T MOVE.

You don’t have a fucking clue what you’re talking about. Here’s a vid from Shadow Systems explaining the mounting system and showing that the spacers go in the rear. 😂

Furthermore I had several in my hands on Saturday that all had optics on them in the store and they ALL had spacers in the back.

You don’t have a fucking clue what you’re talking about. Here’s a vid from Shadow Systems explaining the mounting system and showing that the spacers go in the rear. 😂

Furthermore I had several in my hands on Saturday that all had optics on them in the store and they ALL had spacers in the back.

OK, I dug my manual out, and there is a table in it showing which spacers to use with which optics and whether they go in front or rear of the optic. As seen in the picture in my previous comment, I put a Viper on mine and the spacer goes in front per the table, but I see several of them do go in the rear of other optics. So, you have a point, however regardless of front or rear the spacers take up ALL the space in the cut-out so I still don't see the problem. Several of us at my shop run MR-920's and none that I know of have had any problems with the optics mounting system. So at least I didn't make it up, even though I don't have a fucking clue what I'm talking about. So sorry.
IMG_1472.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a DR920. really nice gun, if you buy a Glock have the slide milled, stippled etc you’re looking over what the Shadow Systems would cost. My only complaint is I wish the stippling on the grip was more aggressive.

No, they're back on there. As of a week or two now. At least they are to me; maybe we have different affiliation levels. I work in the industry.
Ahh. Just must not be available to LE/.mil. Didn’t realize different brands had different access levels.

Ahh. Just must not be available to LE/.mil. Didn’t realize different brands had different access levels.
EV app is funny sometimes, too. I would be surprised if they are not available to you; maybe you just need to do another lesson or something. My affiliation is MIL and retail LGS.

OK, I dug my manual out, and there is a table in it showing which spacers to use with which optics and whether they go in front or rear of the optic. As seen in the picture in my previous comment, I put a Viper on mine and the spacer goes in front per the table, but I see several of them do go in the rear of other optics. So, you have a point, however regardless of front or rear the spacers take up ALL the space in the cut-out so I still don't see the problem. Several of us at my shop run MR-920's and none that I know of have had any problems with the optics mounting system. So at least I didn't make it up, even though I don't have a fucking clue what I'm talking about. So sorry.
View attachment 7812454

Dude I literally looked at 4 of the things in my local shop on Saturday that had Holosuns and RMR’s mounted and every single one of them had a gap in the front. Like .020” or so which is significant. No, they do not fit tight.

It’s a shitty mounting system. Period.

• Haha