• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Shame on you! CTD

19dsniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Fort Hood Texas
Not sure where else to put this, but it is pistol ammo, so this seemed appropriate.

I hated cheaper than dirt when they jacked up the prices of Pmags to $99 when there was a rush around 2012. I already didnt shop with them, but when they pulled that crap, I developed a hatred for them. I refused to ever do business with them again. And then This came to my attention today. Again, I dont shop there, so someone else had to tell me about this problem and I figured I would share with the masses once I confirmed that it was true.
Screenshot_20200317-152709_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200317-150357_Chrome.jpg

Just last month I placed a mixed order of ammo from lucky gunner and ammotogo. All magtech 115. 124, and 147. 5000 rds in total. On the 115 I paid $179, 124 was $189 and 147 was $189. This is CTD teying to profit off of panic buyers and isn't right.

All I have to say is that if your going to keep up this shit, you need to get the hell out of Texas and move to Comifornia or something. I hope it was worth it CTD. You will be reported for price gouging.

End or rant!

Last edited:
Reactions: swampbuck
About 2015 after IIRC Sandy Hook shooting they jacked 5.56 62gr. green tip to $550.00 p/m after they had been dumping 2014 stock for less than $300.00 p/m
Never buy their bulk ammo. I had just purchased a Glock 40 and bought 500 rounds because it was cheap. Just something to shoot and save the brass for reloading. Went to the range loaded up and started shooting. Pop, pop Bang and then more pops and another Bang. The pops barely went through the cardboard backer and the Bangs did not hit the target. Called CTD to tell them about the ammo expecting them to say return it and they would replace it. They said they were not responsible and to call the ammo manufacturer who told me that they had never had a compliant about their ammo and I was the problem. Inspected the ammo and the bullets could not even be considered thirds as they were so badly dented and mangled. Found almost 50 cases that were split just above the extractor groove.

I don't think anyone here buys from them but some new to shooting may think that cheap ammo can be a good deal. I am glad that they did not Kboom my new 10MM.

I carry those 50 split cases in my range bag to show people whenever I hear CTD mentioned. Anyone want to buy 490 rds. of 10mm cheap?

I haven’t considered CTD the last time did this. The same guys that bitch about what they do will buy from them again when the prices come back down. Not me. I am going to send them a fuck you email right now as a matter of fact.

I haven’t considered CTD the last time did this. The same guys that bitch about what they do will buy from them again when the prices come back down. Not me. I am going to send them a fuck you email right now as a matter of fact.

Yup, I've avoided CTD like the plague since the last time they pulled this shit. Wouldn't buy from them if they have the cheapest prices next month. Fuck the pricks.

I may spread some hate and discontent their way as well via email.

Also, isn't there a law in the US about price gouging?

I'm not sure but Cheaper than dirt is like Amazon. It's more of a non-auction sale site. So, yeah, while this stuff is on there, I don't think it was Cheaper than Dirt's doing. It's the individual sellers you have to watch. And, before they've made their profit, start lowballing the shit out of them.

I have always thought they were a sleazy company and most of what they sold was poor quality.
That said, why are we surprised at this ?
It happens every time there is a crisis or big election.
Reminds me of that saying about a fool and his money ...

Fuck CTD. Never patronize their business no matter the price. They've extablished a pattern of exploitation and malevolent opportunism for nearly a decade, that I'm aware of.

Not sure I agree that this is an exploitation.

Supply and demand.

People being fools and not having a stash is their fault.

All said, CTD sucks and I havent bought from them ever.

I have a large order from target coming in.
A buddy who ordered a case of 9mm then asked me if I had more I would sell him for my cost.

Told him $50/50 rds of 9mm.

Stupidity is painful.

Reactions: Charger442
the free market economy is one thing, exploiting fragility is another.
I haven't bought from CTD in many years and this is a reminder of why I don't.
if nothing else, this model of short term profits vs. building a long term viable business that takes care of its customers, ownership, and employees isn't how I would choose to my my enterprise.

I'm not sure but Cheaper than dirt is like Amazon. It's more of a non-auction sale site. So, yeah, while this stuff is on there, I don't think it was Cheaper than Dirt's doing.

I'm pretty sure CTD owns the inventory that they sell. It's not thrid parties selling stuff through CTD's platform.

So fuck them

Reactions: sandwarrior
Who cares?

We all learned during the Sandy Hook incident what Cheaper than Dirt was made of. Just consider their name. They are Dirt.

CTD is trash, they have done this before and will do it again. Plenty of good suppliers out there no need to get anything from them even when the prices return to normal.

Wait...people are actually complaining about Cheaper Than Dirt? I thought everyone realized what scum bags they are years and years ago.

Without telling everyone everything you're buying, approximately how much is the prime membership worth? 10%? 15%? Free shipping?

The prime membership is $95 per year. I also shoot a LOT! If I get below 10,000 rounds in a particular caliber I need to restock.

Depending on the caliber, it doesn’t pay to reload like it use to.

I still save my brass, de-prime, clean and polish it for the day that I need to start reloading again.

I placed an order for about $1389 worth of ammunition yesterday. The charge for state sales tax. Even though shipping is free, I get the shipping insurance. That was about $20. With tax and insurance the bill was about $1510.

Anyway, I think I saved about $200 with having the Prime membership.

To target sports usa questions.

They usually have a very good selection. Can order what you want. For good prices. Without the recent surge, I was always getting 9mm around $160 a case. Cant reload for that price based on time and hassle.

Need 2 boxes of hunting ammo? Free shipping and no hazmat. Besides cheaper prices....
Around $25 a box for Hornady 30’06 178 ELDX vs $35 local.
Plus just state tax (4% here) vs the other 3% tax of towns and “retail area improvement” fees you can get hit with.

I had an order placed 2 weeks ago.
Decided to see about some more HP ammo. Grabbed a few boxes (not a case) and they will be here shortly free shipping. Saved $38 on ammo and who knows on shipping/hazmat.

Reactions: Longshot231
To target sports usa questions.

They usually have a very good selection. Can order what you want. For good prices. Without the recent surge, I was always getting 9mm around $160 a case. Cant reload for that price based on time and hassle.

Need 2 boxes of hunting ammo? Free shipping and no hazmat. Besides cheaper prices....
Around $25 a box for Hornady 30’06 178 ELDX vs $35 local.
Plus just state tax (4% here) vs the other 3% tax of towns and “retail area improvement” fees you can get hit with.

I had an order placed 2 weeks ago.
Decided to see about some more HP ammo. Grabbed a few boxes (not a case) and they will be here shortly free shipping. Saved $38 on ammo and who knows on shipping/hazmat.

And I forgot to add they are nothing but enablers - encouraging my shooting habit:)

Reactions: Ravenworks
As the OP, please let me clarify. I havent done any type of business with these dirt bags in over 10 years. Like I stated from the beginning, this was brought to my attention. I had to seek out the information myself to verify it was correct. I wasn’t all that surprised to find that it was. All in all.... still shame on these assholes for price gouging. As a business person, I kinda understand that if some people are willing to pay bumb prices, that’s on them. But at the same time, with all the new firearm owners since Covid19 kicked off, this is not the way to represent our community.