• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shankster's Must Have Mini Lite: Quark Minix123

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
Typically I don't have anything worthwhile tell all of you hard core, BTDT guys about anything tacti-cool.

However, I have stumbled upon a product that is an amazing piece of EDC. It's the Quark Minix123 Flashlight. I took some pics to show the relative smallness of this light that throws out <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">210 Lumens on high.</span></span> It easily fits between your fingers for illuminating while holding a pistol. The strobe feature is very disorienting and it's great on battery life.

I have submerged it while on. <span style="font-weight: bold">It's rated at :IPX-8 – Protected against continual water submersion in under water conditions.</span> (don't blame me if you ruin your lite doing this).

It's around $50.00 and is as important to me as my other mandatory EDC items.

It states you cannot use rechargeable. You can. I have. However you do risk the rechargeable throwing out too much juice on high beam setting. Anyway, this is just my $.02.

Cheers, Shank.

uyxHJ.jpg

Kbw9B.jpg

Specs:
The Quark MiniX is the perfect every-day-carry (EDC) pocket flashlight. It is ultra compact and has a simple, easy-to-use interface (the same great interface used in the Preon 1 flashlight). Like the regular Quarks, the MiniX uses the latest in LED technology, has ample knurling for a sure grip, and is at a price point affordable for everyone.

Quark MiNi X 123 Basic Specifications

LED: CREE XM-L T6
Max Output: 210 OTF lumens
Material: Type-III Hard-anodized Aircraft-grade Aluminum
Lens: Optical-grade glass lens with anti-reflective coating on both sides
Reflector: Light "orange-peel" textured reflector
Water resistance: IPX-8
Battery: One lithium CR123A (3V) - do not use rechargeable RCR123As
Seven Output Modes:
Low: 1.2 lumens, 100 hours
Medium: 45 lumens, 6.5 hours
High: 210 lumens, 1 hours
Special (hidden) modes:
Strobe 2 hours
SOS 4 hours
Beacon (Hi) 10 hours
Beacon (Lo) 50 hours
Dimensions:
Length: 2.3 inches
Diameter: 0.80 inches
Weight: 0.62 ounces (w/o battery)
Included accessories: Lanyard, split ring for keychain attachment, spare o-ring.

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?products_id=2564

Re: Shankster's Must Have Mini Lite: Quark Minix123

I keep looking for the catch... Shank, are you ok? Haha cool little light.

Looks good but I'm not sure if the fleshlight conversion is going to work with this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good but I'm not sure if the fleshlight conversion is going to work with this one. </div></div>

I use a gallon can of Crisco and a rubber gardening glove. Try it some time. The lingering smell of lard attracts babes and you are already lubricated to play musical holes.

Good times man.

Damn. I thought the Maglite XL50 was the best bang for the buck . I use that thing all over @ night .
But this kicks it's ass for Max lumen power . GOOD price too .

This light is great. I was very impressed with the distance the beam travels.

That is even smaller than my streamlight, which I love. I will have to check this one out. Are there any hide sponsors who sell these?

I've carried a Fenix P1D for the past several years and it's a great little light. Like the flashlight in the OP, it has different "modes" which are utterly useless and nothing but a pain in the ass. I wish they'd just make a simple off/on flashlight in this size.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good but I'm not sure if the fleshlight conversion is going to work with this one. </div></div>

I use a gallon can of Crisco and a rubber gardening glove. Try it some time. The lingering smell of lard attracts babes and you are already lubricated to play musical holes.

Good times man. </div></div>

Hell yeah! That's what we call a FiFi glove. hahaha!

I'm a bouncer and need a light for work. I started with a fenix LD10 and now have a Jetbeam rrt-0. Some of these Chinese made flashlights are actually quite good. I like my Jetbeam, because i can use aa or CR123 batteries and its compatible with rechargables. Its also has an infinite brightness adjustment from. .5-260 lumens. And its still half the price of a surefire.

For phylodog. If you look at quark's site, most of their lights are also available as a "tactical" version. With a forward click and just on or off. They also sell turbo versions with more output. All for about half of a similar surefire.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondakilla98</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a bouncer and need a light for work. I started with a fenix LD10 and now have a Jetbeam rrt-0. Some of these Chinese made flashlights are actually quite good. I like my Jetbeam, because i can use aa or CR123 batteries and its compatible with rechargables. Its also has an infinite brightness adjustment from. .5-260 lumens. And its still half the price of a surefire.

For phylodog. If you look at quark's site, most of their lights are also available as a "tactical" version. With a forward click and just on or off. They also sell turbo versions with more output. All for about half of a similar surefire. </div></div>

The Jetbeam rrt-0 is a nice light. However, it is 97mm or 3.81 inches and only holds one battery and is twice the price.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Quark Minix123: 2.3 inches 210 lumens</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Jetbeam rrt-0: 3.81 inches 240 lumens.</span>

The Jetbeam's 1 battery size puts it in the category of two battery lights.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I'm posting about the smallest size/highest output flashlight category at a reasonable price.</span>

I expected to see something more along these lines in a Shankster thread...

fleshlight.jpg

I don't have any cr123 lights but I have had a few AA models of the same basic light... so:

fwiw I like the quark AA tactical UI far less then the one on the fenix ld10 I had before it. ld10 had all modes available without reprogramming the light where as the quark only has 2. the reflector on the quark seems much better at throwing a beam then the ld10, but the deep reflectors are kind of standard on 4sevens lights so no surprise there. I do like the momentary tailcap switch on the quark alot though. the only other thing I'd like is a design that prevents rolling on the ground when the pocket clip isn't attached. I liked that alot about the ld10.

I may have to look into that jetbeam light.. is the battery shock mounted for weapon use? momentary tail cap switch?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have submerged it while on. </div></div>

Shankster, We do not doubt that you have submerget it; the big question is "What did you submerge it in?"

We have seen your type and I would always carry a damn good lite and a rope if I was messing with those!

BH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BountyHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have submerged it while on. </div></div>

Shankster, We do not doubt that you have submerget it; the big question is "What did you submerge it in?"

We have seen your type and I would always carry a damn good lite and a rope if I was messing with those!

BH</div></div>

Is he putting his calendar out again this year?

I'm excited for the new xml rrt-0 that just came out. With rcr123 it puts out 550 lumens in a pocket flashlight. But as far as performance in a tiny light the quark mini is hard to beat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondakilla98</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I'm excited for the new xml rrt-0 that just came out. With rcr123 it puts out 550 lumens in a pocket flashlight. </span>But as far as performance in a tiny light the quark mini is hard to beat. </div></div>

No doubt. Definitely give a review hondakilla98

Just got a Quark 123 Turbo X. 450 lumens high and medium is 60 lumens for around 13 hours. I am coming from a Surefire that was 60 lumens for an hour. Lights have really advanced since I last needed one.