• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Share your experience with the Trijicon 5-50x56 AccuPower

Ranger Bob

SFC, USA, Ret.
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2011
Sanger, Texas
rangermadeknives.com
I am seriously thinking about picking one of these up for my Tikka CTR in 6.5CM. I would go with the mil version for the center dot and the .05 mil adjustments. I know the scope is SFP and though, I have always insisted on FFP, I'm not sure SFP would be a problem for me. I almost always shoot by myself so I already have to spot my own rounds. The adjustments would be whatever I see in the scope as long as I'm not dialing the magnification between shots. I'd like to hear from anyone that has one of these, how they like it. Also like to hear from those who use both SFP and FFP how they approach the differences in actual use.

Bob

I have one on my Vudoo .22lr. Glass is crisp, contrast/color great, turret system feel and zero stop system is very good, large adjustment range. Side focus is very sensitive, dual color illuminated reticle is nice for darker targets in poor lighting conditions.

The first scope came with an improperly aligned reticle, returned it at my expense of $75, they sent a replacement scope and the reticle is still slightly off. Really like the optics, but the reticle issue is disappointing. With a 50y zero I'm dialing 1.6mil for 100y, and 6.4 for 200y. At 200 it requires a .1 - .15mil windage adjustment.

I need to call them, been to occupied to push the issue at this point.

I have one on my Vudoo .22lr. Glass is crisp, contrast/color great, turret system feel and zero stop system is very good, large adjustment range. Side focus is very sensitive, dual color illuminated reticle is nice for darker targets in poor lighting conditions.

The first scope came with an improperly aligned reticle, returned it at my expense of $75, they sent a replacement scope and the reticle is still slightly off. Really like the optics, but the reticle issue is disappointing. With a 50y zero I'm dialing 1.6mil for 100y, and 6.4 for 200y. At 200 it requires a .1 - .15mil windage adjustment.

I need to call them, been to occupied to push the issue at this point.

Thanks for the feedback. That is disappointing about the reticle. I've read that their customer service is excellent so I would probably still give it a shot. Sounds like there is a lot to like about the scope.

Bob

I have one on my Bergara Premier Ridgeback. I don't think there is anything wrong with mine. I was shooting two liter soda pop bottles at 600 yds. Glass clarity is great,but I wonder how much difference there is with elite schott glass ?

Reactions: Ranger Bob
I cant speak for the 5x50, but i have the 4.5-30x56 and i love the reticle and the glass.

Attachments

• 20191215_233538.jpg
    20191215_233538.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 94
Reactions: Runnineh
The adjustments would be whatever I see in the scope as long as I'm not dialing the magnification between shots.
The substensions with a SFP scope are only correct on one certain magnification not sure what that is on this scope I am assuming max magnification. Maybe I am misunderstanding your post, but it sounds like you are saying you can dial what you see on any zoom setting as long as you don't change it between shots.....which is not correct. Unless you took the time to figure out what each substension represented at each distance and on every zoom setting (seems like that would be a total PITA)

Reactions: Sds91tx
The substensions with a SFP scope are only correct on one certain magnification not sure what that is on this scope I am assuming max magnification. Maybe I am misunderstanding your post, but it sounds like you are saying you can dial what you see on any zoom setting as long as you don't change it between shots.....which is not correct. Unless you took the time to figure out what each substension represented at each distance and on every zoom setting (seems like that would be a total PITA)

I think I understand this. I would not use this scope for any PRS type shooting; I fully understand the benefits of FFP under stress/timed shooting conditions. I am exploring long range paper punching and that is what I would use this optic for. I normally dial my elevation turret based on my ballistic calculator but, I hold my windage.

I want to be clear on what I'm thinking here. The Trijicon 5-50 mil reticle is accurate at 40x so yes, on my windage solutions, I need to consider my magnification but, adjustments to my hold after the first shot would be whatever I read on the reticle regardless of magnification.

Again, I only own FFP and fixed power scopes right now. This would be my first SFP so if my assumptions are wrong, I may need an in-depth explanation.

Bob

I want to be clear on what I'm thinking here. The Trijicon 5-50 mil reticle is accurate at 40x so yes, on my windage solutions, I need to consider my magnification but, adjustments to my hold after the first shot would be whatever I read on the reticle regardless of magnification.

If you are planning to use the reticle to spot your shots (using the reticle as a ruler) and then dial the correction you spotted you still need to be on the correct magnification (40x) for 1 mil to be 1 mil. Another words if you’re on 25x magnification and you were looking through the scope and spot your shot what appears to be 2 mils high with the reticle you are not really 2 mils high so no you couldn’t dial 2 mils into the turret and be correct. With a SFP scope you have two factors to consider distance and magnification unless you are on the correct magnification that the reticle is calibrated to In your case with that scope 40x.

I wanted to clarify and I think I know what you are thinking now. If you are talking about holding what you saw through the reticle for the next shot (not dialing the correction) then yes you could do that. I was thinking you were talking about dialing the turret for the correction. Forgive me if I lead you astray from your original intentions.

Reactions: Ranger Bob
I have the 4.5x30 FFP and love it. Glass is clear, turret resets are tool-less and very nice. It is a super nice scope and you can’t go wrong. I can easily spot impacts at 1250 yds on full power.

Not sure why you would want to move to SFP scope when all you have is FFP. The reticle subtentions will be totally off when spotting and adjusting through the scope unless on max power.

1 mil on 50x = 2 mil on 25x = 4 mil on 12.5x, etc... 50x is a lot of magnification to get an accurate reading.