• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sharing a Moment of Great Pride

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
I was going through backed-up email this morning, and came across notice of a signal event.

https://www.sikhcoalition.org/blog/2017/another-historic-moment-letsikhsserve/

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"427","width":"640","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/dYvwX2I.jpg?1"}[/IMG2][IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/QXFI2VF.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

I pray for their perseverance and success.

I know that this hasn't been a popular subject with everyone.

We only ask that we be allowed to serve our country, as we serve elsewhere, ready, in our manner, for the ultimate sacrifice.

Thanks for sharing Buddy. And hell yes let'm serve. Are you kidding me? There is no question which way they will run when it's time to act. None.

I think every American should have the opportunity to serve if they wish.

Sikhs have never been prohibited from serving in the Armed Forces. However, in the past they've been forced to choose between serving and adhering to their faith by being forced to not wear the headgear of their faith and by being forced to shave in contradiction to their faith.

I'm glad to see that has been fixed.

I was going through backed-up email this morning, and came across notice of a signal event.

https://www.sikhcoalition.org/blog/2...letsikhsserve/ [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/QXFI2VF.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

I pray for their perseverance and success.

I know that this hasn't been a popular subject with everyone.

We only ask that we be allowed to serve our country, as we serve elsewhere, ready, in our manner, for the ultimate sacrifice.

At the risk of being a dick, I'd be all over the cadet on the left for an unsat gig line.........

Plebes better square away their shit ASAP

At the risk of being a dick, I'd be all over the cadet on the left for an unsat gig line.........

Plebes better square away their shit ASAP

Yeah, and the rest of him looks like an unmade bed, too. I'm sure that he will get straightened out pronto.

These kids have followed the path on the right.... Or, as we might call it... the right path!

397363_141511265995529_497608959_n.jpg

Cheers,

Sirhr

Yeah, and the rest of him looks like an unmade bed, too. I'm sure that he will get straightened out pronto.

Im wondering how they will get a steel pot over the headpiece? Will those who make such calls in the Sikh tradition, make an allowance for them to wear something more compact under the helmet?

youd think the Army would be actively recruiting the Sikh community....

i know ide feel a lot better with this dude on the front lines..... 137764.jpg

than i would with any of these ....
2017-06-02_Tranny.jpg

Im wondering how they will get a steel pot over the headpiece? Will those who make such calls in the Sikh tradition, make an allowance for them to wear something more compact under the helmet?

I think it's already been taken care of by the Army and previous Sikh soldiers

Kamal-Singh-Kalsi_StateDep.jpg

size0-army.mil-91571-2010-11-15-071125.jpg

sikh-army-capt-gas-mask-804-ts600.jpg

LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACE!!!!
4464653749_ffba684e27_o.jpg

youd think the Army would be actively recruiting the Sikh community....

i know ide feel a lot better with this dude on the front lines.....

than i would with any of these ....

Holy shit the two on the right look manlier than the pussy sitting on the far left

An interesting factoid... 181 British and Commonwealth soldiers won the Victoria Cross in WW2. Four were Sikhs.

To put some numbers around that.... 0.2 percent of commonwealth forces were Sikhs. 300,000 served, btw. Yet they were awarded 2 percent of the VC's.

For Valor indeed.

Cheers, Sirhr.

An interesting factoid... 181 British and Commonwealth soldiers won the Victoria Cross in WW2. Four were Sikhs.

To put some numbers around that.... 0.2 percent of commonwealth forces were Sikhs. 300,000 served, btw. Yet they were awarded 2 percent of the VC's.

For Valor indeed.

Cheers, Sirhr.

That's a fact that embarrasses most non-Sikh Indians. What embarrasses them even more is that the trend didn't stop with WW2. Without Sikhs, Pakistan would have long ago rolled India like a wino.

when did this become an issue, we had a Sikh CWO in our unit in the 80's, was quite well known actually as he would be forced to shave his beard when we went to the field and were going to have NBC training, he did, and we did, so what, he kept his hair and his head dress, except for his DA file photo from what I remember, he had to soldier up for that pic. He was a CW4 which is like god or the right hand of god at the minimum. I guess the West Point thing is supposed to be a good thing , but rising to a CW4 is better,

Funny thing is in the 80's and I imagine before, dont tell anybody but we had gay people, yes gay people in our units, everyone knew who they were and not one person gave a shit, so unless the gay person tried picking up another soldier which I never heard of happening nobody gave a shit. Not equating the two I am just using it to illustrate that somewhere between 1990 and now we went off the rails somewhere and lost all our common sense.

I guess the only difference is that now Sikhs can evidently keep their beards if they pass the gas mask test with it and they keep their traditional head dress regardless of what they're wearing or what they're doing with official Army recognition

Good for them

do these new masks work with facial hair? and that head wrap gotta be better than the beret. have the whole dam army go head wrap,

Yup... in the era of the Combat Beard in SF.... the new masks were made to accommodate.

I can't remember his name, but there used to be a Sikh Colonel in SF. He was a mustang. But was there in the early 1990's. There are several SF Sikh's currently.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I support the right of Sikh's to become soldiers. However I believe that if some soldiers are allowed to have beards then all soldiers should be allowed to have beards. The military should maintain a uniform set of grooming standards with no exceptions.

Convert, and you too can have a beard.

I support the right of Sikh's to become soldiers. However I believe that if some soldiers are allowed to have beards then all soldiers should be allowed to have beards. The military should maintain a uniform set of grooming standards with no exceptions.

well, it depends how bad you want that beard, if you just want a 5 oclock shadow you could just get a profile from the medic, if you want a full badass beard you gotta go SF and get your ass over to Afghanistan or some other shithole where you need a beard to blend in or you could just go through the process to convert. Boils down to 2 yeas in SF training or going full Sikh. Me, Ill keep my catholic/jew face shaved.

Convert, and you too can have a beard.

I have been out for several years so none of this applies to me. But I see no reason for the regulations against facial hair, why not just do away with those regulations for all rather than just some. If a Sikh can be a good solider with a beard (and I am sure that they can) then why can't a non-Sikh be an equally good soldier with a beard. Bifurcating standards is always the wrong way to go.

Don't take me wrong I think that Sikh's should be allowed to keep their beards. I just also think other soldiers should be allowed the choice to keep their beards.

Technically, enlisted service personnel were allowed to have mustaches/beards if permitted by their superior officers back in my time, the late 60's. I didn't see any in-country, but I did see some mustaches (maybe beards, too, the memory's dim...) among seagoing naval personnel.

I did hear that some remotely stationed personnel in 'Nam were instructed to let their beards grow due to very limited water supply out in the bush.

Greg

Last edited:
Admiral Hayward was the CNO when I went in in 80 and allowed facial hair. In 82 when Admiral Watkins took the Helm a lot of things changed. If you wanted facial hair you needed to get hooked up by a pecker checker. I know this is a chicken shit view to take, but I really don't think you can be wrong standing on either side of this fence. And I say that knowing very well the pros n cons of facial hair in the Military.