• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SHARK Suppressors

glocksig40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2009
Noth Dallas 40 Texas
Just wanted to pass along a great experience with Shark Suppressors in Plano Texas. David actually lives about 3 miles from me and it was very easy to make an appointment with him and drive over to his place. He had the paperwork done when I arrived and all I had to do was sign my name and hand him the cash. The level of customer service, the warranty and the quality of craftsmanship are second to none. Those of you shopping for suppressors who cant make up your mind which can to buy, call David. I shopped around and I read everything. I talked to the manufacturers. I was lead to believe that some of the other guys would have my can delivered to my dealer in 3-5 weeks. After reading here on SH and other places I found it common to wait 6 months or more for delivery. With the ATF wait that would be a long 10-16 months. David is the manufacturer and dealer so that wait was eliminated. Everything done and in the mail in 1 day. No BS deal. Thanks David.

Re: SHARK Suppressors

Lucky....my drive was from significantly farther away.

Reasons for going with the Shark are the same, though. Quite comforting to call a company and not only not just get a recording, but actually talk to the person who does the work and owns the company!

Why is it I constantly hear about 6 month waits (for the can to be manufactured) and the inability of anyone at Shark to answer the phone?

It was a good push for me to go AAC.

So when you bought your StacyP it was already done, or you just had the serial to send the paperwork off?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it I constantly hear about 6 month waits (for the can to be manufactured) and the inability of anyone at Shark to answer the phone?

So when you bought your StacyP it was already done, or you just had the serial to send the paperwork off?</div></div>

the cans are already done, if you go to david's place you will hold your own can, prior to send the paper. no waitting on the shark man.

as a side note if he doesnt answer; leave a vm, he will call you back(he is one busy guy)

+100 on the shark man

David has a real job too but, he normally always answers the phone,e-mails or PM's.(737shark) He will return your call if you leave a message.
If he doesn't, its because he is flying, just keep trying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it I constantly hear about 6 month waits (for the can to be manufactured) and the inability of anyone at Shark to answer the phone?

So when you bought your StacyP it was already done, or you just had the serial to send the paperwork off? </div></div>

I never said anything about Shark not answering the phone. I have called several times. I have had to leave a message a couple of times but got a call back within 10 minutes each time. David is an airline pilot and if he is in flight he wont answer the phone but has always called back in a reasonable amount of time. As far as the 6 months wait time, I asked the manufacturers how long the wait time was. Average 3-5 weeks. Then checked out the forums for buyers opinions of the same manufacturers. I found that the other manufacturers seem to have a good number of complaints about how long it takes to get the can to the dealer. In my reading and in referrals from friends, I found that Shark Suppressors was 3 miles from me, had a great reputation and the can was waiting on me, not me waiting on it. I did try to order a different can from another manufacturer. I left 2 messages and its been 3 weeks with no return call. Glad I didnt send them my money. As far as the Shark can, it was in my hand when I paid for it.

Sit down, have a shiner, and relax.

I've never dealt with shark just throwing out there concerns I had when purchasing after hearing not the best things several times from others.

As a general rule you never pay for a can the dealer doesn't already have in stock, that's common sense. I'm glad to hear you had some and happy to hear a good transaction was made.

David really is a great person to do business with. I could not drive to his place and had to do the dealer/dealer transfer. But I think even the BATFE people like David. It was 2 weeks for tht part then the three month at my dealer.

I had the opportunity to shoot through a .30 cal Shark suppressor a few months ago. It was impressive, very nice tone/frequency and the weight was nice as well. I will own one eventually.

I'm gonna have my 308 Rock barrel cut to 18-20 inches and my Shark will have a perminent home, unless it's on my 260 or one of my AR's, thing that set Davids cans apart from the rest is his one on one customer service, and his assembled by David himself cans, there are no stamped nothing inside, every piece is CNC machined to exact specs, from Ti which is no small task, yes they cost more than the others but it's well worth it.

My 308 Shark came in to my FFL dealer last week. It took 6 weeks to transfer it from David to my local guy. Now I anticipate a wait of 4 to 6 months while the BATF processes the paperwork.
The quality of workmanship of the can is great.
I sent David my AW while I was waiting for the transfer so he could thread my barrel. He did a top notch job with the threading and the end cap.
Gary

Here's a few pic's of my McM A5/Surgeon/Krieger MTU build by David Whitson/Shark Suppressors:
100_0858.jpg

100_0861.jpg

100_0859.jpg

100_0860.jpg

I wanted to take it out for a test drive before hitting the paint booth. First outing produced .3-.4 groups off a bi-pod. I could not be happier! The thread protector blend job is amazing!! Thanks David!!!!!!!!!!