• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sharp Shooter Supply

AKAce

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Mid TN
www.koenigspr.com
It will come as No surprise to anyone who has dealt with Fred at Sharp Shooter Supply that customer Service is a joke... but they generally had good Products.

I own a Pile of SSS Triggers, Bolt handles, Recoil lugs etc. I recently got another SSS trigger. (Pictured Below) Obviously Quality Control took the day off and this Trash was shipped to Brownells. OK, Shit Happens. We called Fraud at SSS and explained the situation, he made every excuse in the world, said it was the rifle, the ammo Etc. Etc, Not the junk trigger causing light primer strikes. Just thought I would give a Heads Up that we can't even make the excuse the Products are good anymore. he said... Ship it back, and IF he decided it's bad he will replace it, with a couple weeks turn around. Yeah, uh, NO... Not falling for that shit.

Top part is already Polished.... the part with the Nasty tool marks is what the sear slides down.
trashtrigger2.jpg

Re: Sharp Shooter Supply

OMG....
A picture does speak a thousand words. Talk about a "gritty" pull- I can't even imaging what the would feel like.

Like you said, shit happens. It's what happens after the fact that matters. And from what you've said, I'll write them off the list for the Savage build I'm starting.

I've never liked they way SSS did business even through I have several of their products and am happy with them.

This isn't the first horrible experience I've heard about SSS. Seems like if you complain, they treat you worse. Bad way to do business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are their tactical bolt handles still good?</div></div>
Need a good deal on some ? I am switching all mine to Kevin Rayhills.

Guys,
Sorry if this is hijacking the thread ... who do you use for savage parts? i gotta 110 '06 i wanna build up.

Sota
PS: let me know if this post crossed any lines. i can delete it

I ordered a stock from SSS about 6 months ago. I was told by Lisa, Fred's wife, that the stock would take 6-10 weeks. I did research the company before placing the order, and knew it would be a minimum of 6 months to be completed. I sent off several emails after 12 weeks. It took at least five emails and two weeks until I got this reply from Lisa, "It is now only 11 back on the finishing list.". That was Oct. 27th., and I still don't have the stock. I'll start emailing again after the new year. I knew the CS and wait times were terrible, but this is the first time I heard anything about poor quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3fingervic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered a stock from SSS about 6 months ago. I was told by Lisa, Fred's wife, that the stock would take 6-10 weeks. I did research the company before placing the order, and knew it would be a minimum of 6 months to be completed. I sent off several emails after 12 weeks. It took at least five emails and two weeks until I got this reply from Lisa, "It is now only 11 back on the finishing list.". That was Oct. 27th., and I still don't have the stock. I'll start emailing again after the new year. I knew the CS and wait times were terrible, but this is the first time I heard anything about poor quality. </div></div>

Guess I'll look else where for a bench stock for my 110 build.

after my experience with Fred and my fp-le2. I will never consider them for any work on my rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrslippery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Guess I'll look else where for a bench stock for my 110 build. </div></div>

www.stockadegunstocks.com

SSS sucks. I ordered Farrell base/rings from them a few years ago, which was supposed to take a week(ish) because it was a special order from Farrell. After two weeks, 20 calls to SSS and no answer, I called Ken @ Farrell. He answered. I asked when the base/rings ordered by SSS would be ready. He said SSS hadn't ordered them yet... Meanwhile, SSS had already charged my CC.

Ken offered to make them THAT DAY, and get them in the mail by close of business. He ALSO took me on my word that SSS had charged me for them already, and said he'd handle the $$ issue with them.

This spring, I called Ken directly to order a different set of rings and after chatting with him a little, learned he stopped doing business with SSS, and had to begin legal proceedings to get them to take his product off their website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrslippery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Guess I'll look else where for a bench stock for my 110 build. </div></div>

www.stockadegunstocks.com </div></div>

thanks Quickdraw, the Bench rest stock looks promising. Painted 93' Ford Chrome Yellow would make the wife happy. I'll be contacting them, regards Slip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrslippery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrslippery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Guess I'll look else where for a bench stock for my 110 build. </div></div>

www.stockadegunstocks.com </div></div>

thanks Quickdraw, the Bench rest stock looks promising. Painted 93' Ford Chrome Yellow would make the wife happy. I'll be contacting them, regards Slip. </div></div>

Call and talk to Kevin. Block out some time, he'll BS with you for an hour. Get the money saver, it's not hard to finish it yourself. Good luck!

Unless you just noticed this a long time after, can't you just just return the product to the seller. Then if you want you can rebuy again and take your chances. If they wouldn't take it back you can file a chargeback on your CC, and depending on the credit card you used you will probably win. Don't feel bad for going that far, if enough people stand up to bad quality and bad manufacturer customer service with refunds or CB's carriers will either drop them or tell them they have to up their quality.

Lastly if you paid with AMEX, and its within 30 days but brownells is giving you trouble on the return. Amex has purchase protection, that if the store does't let you return a product within 30 days AMEX will refund you the money. With the power of credit cards these days, I still don't understand how some people get 'taken for a ride'

im still waiting on a call about the 9 round mags i orgered. didnt pay yet, but i have since gone to CDI and alpha mags

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im still waiting on a call about the 9 round mags i orgered. didnt pay yet, but i have since gone to CDI and alpha mags</div></div>

If they didn't charge you, do didn't order. Even if your part order takes months for them to make, they'll charge you first.

I had an experience very similar to 3Fingervic. I placed an order for a stock & bolt and was told 6 to 8 weeks. I re-verified that there were no questions that I would receive my stock in 8 weeks or less as I was going to use the stock to go Prairie Dog shooting. 12 months later I get the items that I purchased.

Trying to get a hold of them was also very difficult. Not only did they not respond in a timely fashion to emails but they also failed to answer the phone on multiple occasions. I want to know why I had no problems getting a hold of them to order an item but could never get them to respond on when I was actually going to receive it.

I will say that I was happy with the goods that I ordered from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im still waiting on a call about the 9 round mags i orgered. didnt pay yet, but i have since gone to CDI and alpha mags </div></div>

LOL after 8 months of waiting for one of these it took me another 2 weeks of daily emails to get my refund. I went to Dark Eagle Custom and have a lot nicer 10 round mag with a AR style spring rather then Fred's shrink tub crap.

i know better than to pay upfront unless its for a hooker, and even then you gotta watch out they dont try to slip away before you slip it in.

but i told them id take three from the next batch and id pay when they were done. no way im gonna tie up my money after all the stuff ive heard

Had my dealings with them. Never again I say. I ordered a barrel, recoil lug, bolt head and a new firing pin (went from a short mag to standard .473). I was quoted 8 or 9 weeks. After 19 weeks I received my barrel, but nothing else. I called and called and finally got through, told them part of my order was missing. 2 weeks later I got the bolt head, but nothing else. Another 2 weeks of calling and emails I got the lug and firing pin. Between Jim at Northland, Kevin at Stockade and Devin at Sin Arms I have no need for SSS.

Kevin at Stockade is the man. So far he's built 2 rifles for me and I couldn't be happier. His kick ass customer service is the icing on the cake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had my dealings with them. Never again I say. I ordered a barrel, recoil lug, bolt head and a new firing pin (went from a short mag to standard .473). I was quoted 8 or 9 weeks. After 19 weeks I received my barrel, but nothing else. I called and called and finally got through, told them part of my order was missing. 2 weeks later I got the bolt head, but nothing else. Another 2 weeks of calling and emails I got the lug and firing pin. Between Jim at Northland, Kevin at Stockade and Devin at Sin Arms I have no need for SSS. </div></div>

Devin is slacking too, I ordered a 260 barrel from him on July, that was supposed to take 8 wks... I'm still waiting and he rarely answers the phone or email... he has called me back a couple of times and it's always been the same story.... "I'm just finishing it up" last time I talked to him it was supposed to ship Dec 5th... we'll see

I just drove my happy butt up there and picked up my ACME DBM in person. Since then I have ordered a couple mags and got them within a week. Maybe face to face is the only way to work with them. But my products from them are great so I guess it's hit or miss.

Good luck,
Merritt

I guess now would be an appropriate time to plug this gentleman and his work. His name is Scott Null, I have heard great things about him but I cannot personally testify to his work. Worth poking around his site...here you all go!

<http://www.savagegunsmithing.com/index.html>

The trend that I see here (which SSS is a part of) is the fact that a vast majority of the business within the firearm industry absolutely blow when it comes to estimating time of delivery. I have purchased more than my fair share of custom firearms and items that had to be made to order or had a lead time and the ONLY company ever to deliver something on time to me was JP Rifles.

If I did the same piss poor job that a majority of these companies do in estimating delivery time in my line of business, I would be out of business; however, for some reason it has simply become acceptable in this industry – and that my friends I think is a crock of $hit.

Hello I am new to the hide. Sorry if this is off topic, but ACE, if you are selling some tactical bolt handles I am interested. Let me know-thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The trend that I see here (which SSS is a part of) is the fact that a vast majority of the business within the firearm industry absolutely blow when it comes to estimating time of delivery. I have purchased more than my fair share of custom firearms and items that had to be made to order or had a lead time and the ONLY company ever to deliver something on time to me was JP Rifles.

If I did the same piss poor job that a majority of these companies do in estimating delivery time in my line of business, I would be out of business; however, for some reason it has simply become acceptable in this industry – and that my friends I think is a crock of $hit.

</div></div>

This!!!!!

I'm with you 100% - couldn't've said it better myself!

My reamer took 1.5 times the estimated delivery. My barreled action is currently at 4 times and counting.

FN had an accurate time quote for inspecting/repairing my A3G.

Ken Farrel delivers timely.

So far those are the only two!

Kevin gets and has always got my business, not that its much, but if you're a member of savageshooters then you know all about SSS. I would also look at Jim and Northland for parts especially for barrels! Other then that I go with CDI for BDM's and then midway and bowels for small stuff or factory type parts. Now for stocks, well there's several options. Kevins would still be hard to beat. Oh yeah and he can true/time your action as well, or build your rifle completely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin gets and has always got my business, not that its much, but if you're a member of savageshooters then you know all about SSS. I would also look at Jim and Northland for parts especially for barrels! Other then that I go with CDI for BDM's and then midway and bowels for small stuff or factory type parts. Now for stocks, well there's several options. Kevins would still be hard to beat. Oh yeah and he can true/time your action as well, or build your rifle completely. </div></div>

savageshooters forums recently removed the SSS feedback sub forum. There were so many bad feedback, and since savageshooters owned by SSS, they took the air of that sub forum.

Another option for stocks is CSR. They also do a good true & time job for Savage rifles. Had mine done there. Only problem is he's too busy. But when you send him work, he turns it around quick, not like SSS.

http://www.centershotrifles.com/products/

Kevin at Stockade is making a stock for me now. He is a pleasure to talk with and will always give you straight forward no BS info and advice. I recommend his work to anyone. As far as SSS, they will never get any of my business and as far as I am concerned I could care less if they go under. That is no way to operate a business! Savageshooters has become a joke, SSS has them in their back pocket and they lure people into doing business with SSS.

I have just received my SSS stock. I find this strange because I still owe them the balance for the order ($50-$75). The stock was the wrong color and had an option, butt hook, that I didn't ask for. I was planning on having the stock painted, so the color wasn't a big deal. I was up in the air on the butt hook, so I guess getting it without paying for it is okay. This will be my last order from SSS. I knew thier CS and wait times were terrible, but I thought the products were top notch. I never heard about anyone getting the wrong order from them.

If it was purchased from brownells, send it back to them !

They stand behind there sales. Moreover on a safety related item like a trigger! Better yet if they keep having to fork out money on returns maybe they will quit dealing with SSS.

I stopped dealing with them back around 02-03. They sucked a little less back then, not by much though