• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shelves packed full with ammo/bullets/reloading supplies!

coyotewillie

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2005
NE
New Sportsmans Warehouse opened up today at Grand Island, Ne. Didn't know anything about it opening today but a buddy called at noon and asked if I knew anything about it. Said a friend of his texted him it was the grand opening. Now I haven't seen anything about in the news/newspaper, googled it and it said it was closed. Stopped after lunch and I'll be damned...open. I'd heard since Hornady was located in Grand Island they wanted to carry a COMPLETE line...looks like it! I think everything Hornady makes was on the shelves. Loaded with Hornady ammo/bullets. Every tool and accessory. Then, the other ammo shelves were full too, .22's on up. Full. Prices were reasonable, all things considered. Had a lot of sr primers, some srm, lpm, and a few lr. That was at 1:30, don't know what they started with. 1k only/day. I was impressed, probably never set foot in Cabelas again, (not that I've been in hardly at all since BP took them over) LOL. Scheels is pretty much the only big box store I've been going to but don't know if I'll need to now. Hope they can keep it going!!

Reactions: mtrmn
I sure wish the sportsmans here in Cheyenne was worth a damn. The manager here couldn't care less about inventory. I've had online orders shipped to the store stolen by employees. I eventually got my order filled but it took some prodding. I also have to price check their own website to make sure I'm not getting ripped in store. 90% of the time they have to price match their own site. I like sportsmans and want them to succeed, but with BP now owning them I have a feeling it will only get worse.

Keep in mind that Sportsman's Warehouse is owned by Bass Pro Shop. Sure nice that they had the shelves loaded for you, might be a sign of things to come.

Actually Great American Outdoors Group owns BP, Cabelas, and SW. And I'm not real positive for SW's future because of that. It looked great today, but 6 months down the road we'll see! But at least there are different products being offered here that I haven't seen elsewhere. Who knows?!

Reactions: AllenOne1