• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sheriff Joe Arpaio has a TANK!

ubet

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2008
Commifornia no longer
And, him and Steven Segal are doing a tv show? WTF?

98WZ_RP_hunt_arizona_tank.jpg

http://www.kpho.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks_video_id=4600221

Re: Sheriff Joe Arpaio has a TANK!

This is a great start!

Now all that is needed is the "flamethrower attachment" like those used on Guadalcanal (?) during WWII. That way, once finished getting the point across, anything left can be razed so that there's no infrastructure, materiel, or any other "consumables" that would need to be "prosecuted" and then "rehabilitated, housed, fed, nourished, medic'd", or any other waste of taxpayers money.

All-In, or All Gone!

That is not a Tank, its a self propelled howitzer. You can really clear out those crack houses with a 155mm HE, and from the comfort of their police department.

Guess Maricopa is the only county in the nation that doesn't have a budget deficit? What a waist of taxpayer funds, they'll never let him use it anyway.

I just have to love it. Look out crack heads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess Maricopa is the only county in the nation that doesn't have a budget deficit? What a waist of taxpayer funds, they'll never let him use it anyway. </div></div>

You might actually be supprised. I think he is best known for the money saved on housing inmates and other items related to it. I wouldnt want to be in his jail but it gets the job done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess Maricopa is the only county in the nation that doesn't have a budget deficit? What a waist of taxpayer funds, they'll never let him use it anyway. </div></div>

Did you even READ the article?

"you get out the car!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, him and Steven Segal are doing a tv show? WTF?

http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/public/sites/529/assets/98WZ_RP_hunt_arizona_tank.jpg </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess Maricopa is the only county in the nation that doesn't have a budget deficit? What a waist of taxpayer funds, they'll never let him use it anyway. </div></div>

Did you even READ the article? </div></div>

What article? Your link is to a bigger picture of the mobile artillery. If the article was so important, maybe you should link to it instead.

Last year when Sheriff Joe spoke in Vegas, he said he was forming another special posse, to fight the illegals in AZ, and had signed on Steven Segal and Lou Ferrigno.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... they'll never let him use it anyway. </div></div>
He has used it already. He has used it as a billboard banner. He has used it as a symbol. He has used it in a TV show that will get the message out to America the serious problems we face with illegal immigration. They have used it to knock down walls on busts (and will be sued for it no doubt).

Waste of tax dollars? Or a smart investment? Depends on the angle you look at it.

Respectfully submitted. Mark

Do you pay taxes in Maricopa county...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18Echo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess Maricopa is the only county in the nation that doesn't have a budget deficit? What a waist of taxpayer funds, they'll never let him use it anyway. </div></div>

Do you pay taxes in Maricopa county...? </div></div>

Thats an important question???????

If that was purchased with Gov funds then there had better be a good reason for "needing" it.
Unless he paid for it himself I'm sure there are better things that his officers need ie better use for the money.

I like him.
Finally a guy in charge that has balls the size of a bulldozer.
*It's about time criminals get treated like criminals.
*Politicians get their idiotic, useless policies shoved back up thier keister.
*We coddle criminals when we should kick them in the ass when they do wrong.
*Murderers,rapist,sodemites, we put in prison for 30 years and they get out in 5 years due to good behavior and the problem continues over and over and over and over and over and we think we are doing all that we can do.
The system is broke and this is one guy that understands that and is sick and tired of the status quo.
We need more like him.
.....SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18Echo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess Maricopa is the only county in the nation that doesn't have a budget deficit? What a waist of taxpayer funds, they'll never let him use it anyway. </div></div>

Thats an important question??????? <span style="color: #FF0000">Yes it is, do you pay taxes here?</span>

If that was purchased with Gov funds then there had better be a good reason for "needing" it. <span style="color: #FF0000">According to who, you?</span>

Unless he paid for it himself I'm sure there are better things that his officers need ie better use for the money. <span style="color: #FF0000">What did the deputies tell you they needed instead?</span></div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like him.
Finally a guy in charge that has balls the size of a bulldozer.
*It's about time criminals get treated like criminals.
*Politicians get their idiotic, useless policies shoved back up thier keister.
*We coddle criminals when we should kick them in the ass when they do wrong.
*Murderers,rapist,sodemites, we put in prison for 30 years and they get out in 5 years due to good behavior and the problem continues over and over and over and over and over and we think we are doing all that we can do.
The system is broke and this is one guy that understands that and is sick and tired of the status quo.
We need more like him.
.....SmokeRolls </div></div>
We caudle them after they are tried by a group of their peers! Bring back the good old chain gangs, cleans the roads and crap areas of towns versus leaching off of the tax payers!
Execute the rapists, child abusers.

I agree with that.

I remember hearing one time that it is better to let 1000 criminals go then to imprisson one innocent man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18Echo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18Echo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess Maricopa is the only county in the nation that doesn't have a budget deficit? What a waist of taxpayer funds, they'll never let him use it anyway. </div></div>

Thats an important question??????? <span style="color: #FF0000">Yes it is, do you pay taxes here?</span>

If that was purchased with Gov funds then there had better be a good reason for "needing" it. <span style="color: #FF0000">According to who, you?</span>

Unless he paid for it himself I'm sure there are better things that his officers need ie better use for the money. <span style="color: #FF0000">What did the deputies tell you they needed instead?</span></div></div>

</div></div>

Do you have the answers?

Looking in from the outside, it only looks like he is trying to showboat ie be an ass.
I'm probably wrong but that is the initial impression.
Enlighten me? Whats the real intent? Is it really that shitty in AZ that you guys need an M109?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Storm Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last year when Sheriff Joe spoke in Vegas, he said he was forming another special posse, to fight the illegals in AZ, and had signed on Steven Segal and Lou Ferrigno.
</div></div>

I hope the Sherriff knows that he'll have to hire a stunt double for Segal. He'll need the stunt man to stand-in for his fat ass in case any of those Illegals make a run for it. The stunt-man will also need to be on-the-ready & armed with an Oxygen-mask, in the event Segal encounters a flight of stairs, also, Segal's "double" needs to be prepared for any scenario, such as if Segal's shoe-laces happen to come untied, he would need immediate emergency assistance due to liability concerns that Segal would be in severe danger of having a heart attack were he to try & bend-over, in an attempt to re-tie the laces solo!

One would think if a man got so fat that he could barely lift his leg 6" off the ground w/o hurting himself, would gracefully retire from taking martial arts expert-type, movie gigs. If for nothing else, to avoid the embarrassment of being laughed off the set, for letting himself turn into such a fat-ass, he needs a stunt double for any scenes that require him to walk over 3-steps, or stand in-place for more than a couple minutes! I mean, Damn! I watched his last couple movies, & Segal only had about 15min's of actual screen-time in all 3 movies, combined! I feel sorry for the guy bank-rolling those movies. No more than Segal's ass was on film, they should've cut his fat-ass out the film, & given his poor, over-worked stand-in a raise! Lol

Phoenix is broke

Arizona is broke

But the Sheriff really needed that tank to knock down walls and make fried chicken with his buddy Steven!

As to the question of me paying taxes in Maricopa county, I don't know where the money for his tank came from. It is not unreasonable to assume that a portion came from uncle sugar (otherwise known as mine and everyone else's taxes).

I think he has earned that piece of equipment, plus some....he has saved the state enough money to cover that expense 10 times over. And, you can add on top of that the fine job he's been doing with the prison system down there for years. I guess if he was turning rocks into gold, some of you would have a problem with that too. Just like to bitch to hear yourself bitch.....if it bothers you so deeply, write him a personal letter and voice your concern to the man himself...see how that turns out for ya.

Kelly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think he has earned that piece of equipment, plus some....he has saved the state enough money to cover that expense 10 times over. And, you can add on top of that the fine job he's been doing with the prison system down there for years. I guess if he was turning rocks into gold, some of you would have a problem with that too. Just like to bitch to hear yourself bitch.....if it bothers you so deeply, write him a personal letter and voice your concern to the man himself...see how that turns out for ya.

Kelly </div></div>

No, if he was making gold then he would be making money and not spending it.
Can someone provide something reasonable as a justification besides "because"?
As I wrote before enlighten me.

Because.....maybe he has a plan, and maybe that plan requires a tank? I have no clue why he needs/wants it.....but he isn't one known for buying frivolous shit. I'm guessing he'll make use of it somehow.

Kelly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, him and Steven Segal are doing a tv show? WTF?

http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/public/sites/529/assets/98WZ_RP_hunt_arizona_tank.jpg </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess Maricopa is the only county in the nation that doesn't have a budget deficit? What a waist of taxpayer funds, they'll never let him use it anyway. </div></div>

Did you even READ the article? </div></div>

What article? Your link is to a bigger picture of the mobile artillery. If the article was so important, maybe you should link to it instead. </div></div>

Thanks, thought I linked the news article. Edited at top also
http://www.kpho.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks_video_id=4600221

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because.....maybe he has a plan, and maybe that plan requires a tank? I have no clue why he needs/wants it.....but <span style="font-weight: bold">he isn't one known for buying frivolous shit</span>. I'm guessing he'll make use of it somehow.

Kelly </div></div>

In that case "cool".

I think the things to think about are,
1. Do your customers understand or know why you bought it (since you do owe them that and the populace is your customer)?
2. Is it sending the right message?

I don't know his plan or the message that he is sending out. At face value as an outsider I would say that he is sending out the wrong message.
From people that seem to be in the know, I am hearing support for this unknown message he is trying to send.
If he has a good purpose then good for him.

Total Sheriffs office budget 2011: $448,123,646.00
Total projected property taxes 2011: $487,350,934
percentage of property taxes used to fund Joe's operation: 92%

Yeah, he's saving you all a ton of money and deserved that tank.
smirk.gif

Source: 2011 Maricopa county budget