• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

THE MGD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2011
S. TEXAS
havent seen any posts about the standard size sights in the XS line.
anyhow I ordered some up, and took some pictures with my cell phone. please note that i havent installed them ( i want to test accuracy, before and after. So, I'll probably have them on next week and with an update to this thread). the pictures aren't the best quality, but they are a great side by side comparison of the factory sight. pretty much if you take your finger and cover up the rear sight then imagine the "I" line on your finger, and thats what your getting. The standard size is pretty much the same size dot as the factory.
hope this info helps on anyone looking to buy XS sights is the Standard size

Attachments

• 01 of 04.jpg
    01 of 04.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 02 of 04.jpg
    02 of 04.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 03 of 04.jpg
    03 of 04.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 04 of 04.jpg
    04 of 04.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 19
Ok heres a quick accuracy shoot with the standard sights.
targets at 3yrds, 10yrds, and 15yrds.
Shooting smith&wesson shield 9mm factory sights, Remington UMC 9mm Leadless 147gr, using the "short ccw mag"
**This was a quick time crunch shoot, so this isn't truely fair for what the shield is truely capible of, but good enough for me.**
Shot off hand , in isosceles, POA Bullseye every shot at every distance.

REMEMBER this is a comparision for factory sights and trigger vs XS sights and a APEX kit.
THIS IS THE FACTORY RESULTS
results: 3yrs on target, 10yrds high and left, 15 yrds way high

Attachments

• 3 YRDS.jpg
    3 YRDS.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 17
  • 10yrds.jpg
    10yrds.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 15yrds.jpg
    15yrds.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
ok got the XS express standard size dots installed.
they work great, the night glow is what you’d expect a sun charged luminous watch face to look like. nothing fantastically bright, like an LED here. (I’ve heard others say that, its bs. I assure you they’re good enough though) I do have a gripe that the rear sight (line) only comes in white stripe and not in tritium (for the M&P shield) in the dark you cant see the line and you sort of have to "eclipse" the dot to guess the sight picture. also when you aim at a bright white or bright lit target, your sight picture gets silhouetted in shadow. My camera corrects this natural eye issue so I photo edited an example.
Other than that they seem to be pretty good. I’ll have some shooting test as soon as I can find some more ammo.
Happy shooting

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 18
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 003 edit.jpg
    003 edit.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 21
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 20
night picture and a photo edit (brightened up) so you can tell what your looking at.

Attachments

• Dark.jpg
    Dark.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 16
  • dark (edited).jpg
    dark (edited).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 17
Cool photos. I really love my shield. I've tried those sites before on another gun, though. Never could really like them. But glad they work for you!