• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shilen ratchet prefit for rimx

chillywig

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
Charleston WV
Is there such a thing as a Shilen ratchet prefit for rimx? If so where do I get in line? I need a new barrel for my gun. I am thinking 25ish inch straight so I don't have to spend $400 in weight kit parts. Is this the best barrel to lust after? If these are not an option what's the best prefit I can swap out myself?

Thanks

Is there such a thing as a Shilen ratchet prefit for rimx? If so where do I get in line? I need a new barrel for my gun. I am thinking 25ish inch straight so I don't have to spend $400 in weight kit parts. Is this the best barrel to lust after? If these are not an option what's the best prefit I can swap out myself?

Thanks

You can have a Smith make any rimX prefit barrel for you to torque onto your RimX...

I don't know of anyone selling Shilen prefits off the shelf anywhere but I could be wrong. And wouldn't be the barrel to lust over for me, after testing 25+ different RimX barrels... would be a Bartlein or Krieger for me.

I have a 1.2" straight Shilen 13 twist taper laped arriving this week that's going to Manzella Precision to be cut for my RimX....see how that compares to 16 twist.

Krieger blanks are currently in stock at Bugholes also....

Wow! 25! Bartlein or Krieger are at the top of my list too. I am a center x shooter. I have a couple tested lots and am in line for another appointment to test again. Any advice for barrel and chamber than shoots center x well?

Wow! 25! Bartlein or Krieger are at the top of my list too. I am a center x shooter. I have a couple tested lots and am in line for another appointment to test again. Any advice for barrel and chamber than shoots center x well?

Yep my chamber that's been in all 25+ RimX barrels I've tested. Designed specifically for CenterX. Look at the RimX thread. Bartlein and Krieger are consistent 0.5moa agg shooters @ 100yd with lot tested center X in my chamber... with many groups in the .2's and .3's at 100yd...

Well that sounds fantastic. Do you have any recommendations on barrel length? I was thinking 25" straight for helping balance a 22 prs type gun

Well that sounds fantastic. Do you have any recommendations on barrel length? I was thinking 25" straight for helping balance a 22 prs type gun

I tested everything from 16" to 24" and found 20" the sweet spot for accuracy and consistency shooting from 50yd - 500yd. I prefer M24 or 1.2" straight barrels..

This is a new Green Mountain 20" 1.2" straight in an XLR Envy Pro I was testing a few weeks ago and really like the straight barrel..

Reactions: Travis224
I know this is an old thread but we(Phoenix Custom Rifles) is now offering Rimx prefits…. They’re chambered and ready to thread/crown so the customer can choose his finish length and thread size. All barrels, initially, will be M24 contour and 1-16 twist but I plan to do some fast twist barrels for subsonics later this year. Shilen Ratchet select match for now but will be looking for a cut rifled option soon.

I know this is an old thread but we(Phoenix Custom Rifles) is now offering Rimx prefits…. They’re chambered and ready to thread/crown so the customer can choose his finish length and thread size. All barrels, initially, will be M24 contour and 1-16 twist but I plan to do some fast twist barrels for subsonics later this year. Shilen Ratchet select match for now but will be looking for a cut rifled option soon.
Prices?