• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shims for Accuracy International Barrels

USNIGHTGUNNER

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
These may not even exist, but does anyone manufacture 5/8" barrel shims with an OD greater than .840-.845"? I'm looking for shims that will be a closer match to the OD of my AI 6.5 CM barrel.

I did reach out to the AI crew, but they were all at the range today.

Last edited:
You would have to look through their offerings, but TriggerShims makes a lot of different firearm shims, including various barrel shims. You can usually get packs of different thickness and the prices are reasonable and typically include shipping.

Reactions: USNIGHTGUNNER
These may not even exist, but does anyone manufacture 5/8" barrel shims with an OD greater than .840-.845"? I'm looking for shims that will be a closer match to the OD of my AI 6.5 CM barrel.

I did reach out to the AI crew, but they were all at the range today.

im curious as to why you need a shim?

To time a muzzle device.

damn. total thought lapse. i was thinking hes shimming at the chamber end and thats why he was specifying for AI barrels. i mean, damn near any shims will work for muzzle end. id call thunderbeast and see if they have any shims they can provide. last shims i bought were maybe from Operation Parts and were KAC? been a while.

TBAC includes a peel washer with their brakes. Peel washers are effective, but difficult to deal with at times. The OD of the 5/8" peel washer is .840 and the barrel at the muzzle end measures .9815". The 1” shims from McMaster-Carr are a solution for the 5/8 x 24 barrel.

I'm in the process of trying to locate a 3/4” shim with an OD of 1" or slightly less. Desert Tech used to sell them, but none to be found.
If anyone has a source for these let me know.

TBAC includes a peel washer with their brakes. Peel washers are effective, but difficult to deal with at times. The OD of the 5/8" peel washer is .840 and the barrel at the muzzle end measures .9815". The 1” shims from McMaster-Carr are a solution for the 5/8 x 24 barrel.

I'm in the process of trying to locate a 3/4” shim with an OD of 1" or slightly less. Desert Tech used to sell them, but none to be found.
If anyone has a source for these let me know.
Sometimes you have to look at shims that are not muzzle device specific, like a shank shim for a 10/22.

Reactions: USNIGHTGUNNER