• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Shipping ACOG to Australia

Re: Shipping ACOG to Australia

I know they say do not "Export" in their owners manual.
Maybe someone with more experiance on this will help out. Good luck,

Strangedays

To the best of my knowledge, they are restricted items and require an export license to legally ship from the US to any foreign country including Australia.

Mmmm i doubt you would be able to bring one across.

You have trouble even bringing across most rifle scopes these days.

There are ways around laws like this... you could go to the US yourself (with your rifle) and purchase one in the flesh and just bring it back attached to your rifle that you have brought into the country for a hunting trip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mmmm i doubt you would be able to bring one across.

There are ways around laws like this... you could go to the US yourself (with your rifle) and purchase one in the flesh and just bring it back attached to your rifle that you have brought into the country for a hunting trip.</div></div>

Hey Vman, his from the States.

I just recieved my Zeiss Prf from the states, It's manual also says "do not "Export". Dam glad i could get it though, saved myself alot of $$. It came from a well known online store also.

There are still plenty of scopes coming in from the USA to Aus. Not sure about Trijicon ACOGs myself. I've even seen the triangular box with a nightforce in it for sale here on used guns at the moment. Like to know how he got that one here. Selling it for more then he would have paid no dout.

Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can buy them in the UK albeit for a price

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/trijicon-acog-scopes-185-c.asp </div></div>

Also illegal to send from UK. Latest Export control docs clearly state this.

Check put thiefbay,..someone there will have one they will ship no doubt!

Under Category I of the United States Munitions List, "riflescopes manufactured to military specifications" are deemed controlled by ITAR and the State Department, so an export license would be required.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mmmm i doubt you would be able to bring one across.
There are ways around laws like this... you could go to the US yourself (with your rifle) and purchase one in the flesh and just bring it back attached to your rifle that you have brought into the country for a hunting trip. </div></div>

Its not a way around the law, its breaking the law.
Doing what you describe above is punishable by up to 10 years in federal prison and/or up to $100000 in fines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mmmm i doubt you would be able to bring one across.
There are ways around laws like this... you could go to the US yourself (with your rifle) and purchase one in the flesh and just bring it back attached to your rifle that you have brought into the country for a hunting trip. </div></div>

Doing what you describe above is punishable by up to 10 years in federal prison and/or up to $100000 in fines. </div></div>

Yes,..and the crazy thing is as a recipient of an illegally shipped ITAR item and foreign national, the USA would still indite and sentance you in absence!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can buy them in the UK albeit for a price

There are no export restrictions for scopes out of the UK as far as I am aware. In fact you're better off buying European made scopes out of the UK because they are generally a lot cheaper.

However, you should check Australia's import requirements before buying overseas. In the US, importing a scope requires an import permit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can buy them in the UK albeit for a price
There are no export restrictions for scopes out of the UK. In fact you're better off buying European made scopes out of the UK because they are generally a lot cheaper.</div></div>

Actually,if the article requires a DDTC export permit (like an ACOG), the end user certificate will most likely prohibit re-export out of the country. So, it wouldnt really be breaking UK law, but the company selling it would be in violation of the export license from DDTC

Also, according to the UKML (UK Military List), scopes are classified as ML1d, and they require an export permit if
a) Magnification > 4x
and/or
b) Use any kind of image processing
and/or
c) Designed for military use

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can buy them in the UK albeit for a price
There are no export restrictions for scopes out of the UK. In fact you're better off buying European made scopes out of the UK because they are generally a lot cheaper.</div></div>

Actually,if the article requires a DDTC export permit (like an ACOG), the end user certificate will most likely prohibit re-export out of the country. So, it wouldnt really be breaking UK law, but the company selling it would be in violation of the export license from DDTC

Also, according to the UKML (UK Military List), scopes are classified as ML1d, and they require an export permit if
a) Magnification > 4x
and/or
and/or
c) Designed for military use </div></div>

I bet there aren't many British dealers that know about this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mmmm i doubt you would be able to bring one across.

Doing what you describe above is punishable by up to 10 years in federal prison and/or up to $100000 in fines. </div></div>

I wonder how that would go down with the boys inside... "what are you in for"

"quality glass"

Whats this world coming to?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can buy them in the UK albeit for a price

a) Magnification > 4x
and/or
and/or
c) Designed for military use </div></div>

I bet there aren't many British dealers that know about this. </div></div>

Yes there are and if you read the export notes from most wholesalers that advertise you will find even the airgun traders are aware of this.

Ignorance of the law is in any case no defence and they are getting hot on this.