• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes shipping dates for Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP?

JBHelix

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2011
WA
Been reading that some of the new Viper PSTs have shipped and folks seem very pleased so far. Does anybody know when the 6-24x50 ffps will ship? will they be delayed until after SHOT? I've had one on order with midwayusa. I'm probably not first in line but it seems like a lifetime of waiting. My new savage 300 win mag is so lonely in the safe with no optics.

Re: shipping dates for Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBHelix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been reading that some of the new Viper PSTs have shipped and folks seem very pleased so far. Does anybody know when the 6-24x50 ffps will ship? will they be delayed until after SHOT? I've had one on order with midwayusa. I'm probably not first in line but it seems like a lifetime of waiting. My new savage 300 win mag is so lonely in the safe with no optics. </div></div>

They will be worth it.

Looks like Scott at Liberty Optics has them. Give him a PM, He seems to take care of the guys at the Hide. He has quoted me some great deals a few days ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sin City Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like Scott at Liberty Optics has them. Give him a PM, He seems to take care of the guys at the Hide. He has quoted me some great deals a few days ago. </div></div>

I don't really want to switch up my order, I've waited this long after all. just curious how much longer it might be. I think I placed the order in late May but can't really remember when it was any more. I know the credit card I origianlly used expired and I called them in NOV to update it.

Dont worry, no one has them in stock. Backorders will be filled long before any will be in stock. Most likely everything will be delayed until after shot since even the vendors are there. Patience.

I have been wondering the exact same thing. I even ordered around the same time as you (JBHelix).I don't think there has been much talk about the 6-24 ffp, mostly the 4-16s. Some guys have gotten their replacements from the faulty first batch, so I think they should be coming right around the corner(hopefully). I can't imaging vortex would not ship a product because there was a trade show going on!!?? but I really don't know how big of a company they are.
Sounds like they fixed them up nicely and I am pumped to finally get one.

I'm in the same boat.. I ordered from SWFA in Dec. '09! My rifle has been without an optic since a few months after that.
I'm sure we will see them in the next month or so.
Right?

Re: shipping dates for Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FF

Dam. this is worse then waiting for Christmas, I am in the same boat and waiting for a 6x24 moa Uggggggg. I hope its a really big boat. LOL

It is definitely a big boat... I'm also waiting for a ffp mil/mil pst and have been since may but hopefully it'll be here soon!

I have a 4-16 FFP on order from Optics Planet. Got an email on 1/12 saying they should have them "within 5-10 business days".

We shall see...

FWIW, I'd highly recommend giving Scott at Liberty optics a call. It will save you quite a bit of money and I know he's been getting them in stock so I doubt you'll have any longer of a wait and you'll save a lot of money. I don't work for him in any way, shape or form, I'm just very cheap and find the best deals I can

I also had one on order with OP and cancelled it after a month to go with Liberty for the savings...and that was even with a 10% off promo with optics planet

I thought they were the same price everywhere?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tan Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought they were the same price everywhere? </div></div>

I believe they have MAP pricing but you don't know until you call.

Ordered mine also thru Liberty, great people to buy from, very helpful

MAP= minimum advertised price (per agreement with Vortex)

It's funny that when Vortex was saying they had no eta on the re-release, everybody chilled out and decided that we all just had to wait. Now that they are releasing some, the anxiety is ramping up again. I say we all chill back out and get our scopes when they arrive, yeah?

but, but....I think Vortex likes the impatient hysteria...

Yeah they suck!
Actually I for one think they are a great company.

Tac wants scope NOW!
frown.gif

I'm in the same boat as many of you guys. Ordered and paid for a 6-24 in June with L.O. knowing it could be a while before I saw the scope. I didn't think it would take this long; still no big deal as long as I do eventually get the product(hopefully sooner than later).

4/24/2010 was my order date...
smile.gif
I'm okay waiting since I still have my FM 4-14x44 to use for now. I promised my buddy the Falcon when my PST came in, so he has been putting off getting a scope for his rifle. Heh heh heh

Midway Pushed the product expected in stock date out to 2/15. I may die. It's like waiting for Christmas morning for months and then hearing they moved it to February. Wait that is exaclty what it is like.

Last word I got from Liberty Optics was after shot show, dont know if they have some and will ship when they get back from shot or that was a date they were planning on getting them, dang I am losing sleep now :-(

Elkstalker
Patiently waiting (But getting very sleepy)
6x24x50 FFP MOA/MOA

i share the pain... had mine on order since 4-14-2010. Nearing the finish line though.

Heard back from a couple vendors here, both reported that vortex was supposed to be shipping some this week, unknown quantities.

I spoke to Scott at Liberty Optics last week and he said this week there is a big shipment coming in. I am in line for the 6-25x50 FFP MOA/MOA.

I checked them out at Shot Show and they are very impressive. LO also has the best prices around. Give him a call.

Ok perfect. I called CS Tactical today to ensure they have my new shipping address assigned to my order. Didnt expect a call back as I'm sure they are swamped with catching up from SHOT. But I'd sure hate to have them send my scope to my summer's hotel residence in Wyoming after waiting all this time!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok perfect. I called CS Tactical today to ensure they have my new shipping address assigned to my order. Didnt expect a call back as I'm sure they are swamped with catching up from SHOT. But I'd sure hate to have them send my scope to my summer's hotel residence in Wyoming after waiting all this time! </div></div>

We have been told they will be shipping more really soon but not really sure on what models.

Send me an updated address.

Mike @ CST

SHOT SHOW 2011 – Vortex Optics
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E8W5VPrSIWc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E8W5VPrSIWc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
http://www.cstactical.com/Magazine/SHOT-SHOW/SHOT-SHOW-BLOG-2011/Vortex-Optics.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We have been told they will be shipping more really soon but not really sure on what models.

Send me an updated address.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Will do. Already exchanged a few PM's with you on here about it but it hasn't shown up changed on my order history.

Mike

My heart just skipped a beat when I checked my email. My order has been released and will be shipping shortly. I did notice that midway still shows the 6-24 Mil/mil FFP as a back order. Yehaw!

JB, awesome. Let us know how you like it!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bozcoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant wait also been waiting since Oct </div></div>

Can't wait here either! Been waiting since July haha!