• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shipping firearm parts to New Zealand

jmsdad

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2008
Bay Area, CA
Not sure where to post this...I have someone in New Zealand wanting to buy a factory Tikka CTR stock, BM and one 10rd magazine. Are there any restrictions/declarations or additional fees I need to be aware of?

Hi,

Well first they have to provide you with a signed Purchase Order, Signed DSP83 and approved import permit and/or Gov document stating they do not require import permit for the items.
Then you need to file a DSP5 to the DDTC via a licensed/registered DDTC exporter.
Also make sure your approved freight forwarder is listed correctly on the DSP5 or when they go to log the shipment into the AES it will not take it; then Customs "holds" it for you at a nice day rate fee.

Sincerely,
Theis

Contact the New Zealand embassy. There is probably one in Frisco. Why would you ask here in this forum. One chance in a x, xxx, xxx,xxx of finding someone with the legal background that actually knows!

Yeah the odds of finding someone here that knows is pretty slim...

Hi,

Just the OP day then because my reply is my background.

The destination country NZ in this case, does not have control of export regulations of the host country USA in this case. NZ embassy would be as useful as calling the IRS.

Search DDTC, USML sec 121, Cat I, and you will see the subcategory that pertains to your products in question.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited: