• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shipping horror stories...that worked out ok

Subxero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2012
PA
Hey hows it going guys?

I am in need of some shipping stories that ended up working out perfectly fine in the end.

Last week i shipped out a Premier 5-25x56 to a fellow hide member and there have been no tracking updates whatsoever yet. (it is insured)

Contacted UPS several times and they say it will be fine, and will be delivered on time.

I am just looking for a little comfort from other peoples issues that worked out fine in the end.

best,
Joe

Re: Shipping horror stories...that worked out ok

Its insured. There is your happy ending.

Be glad you did this. I lost a .260 barrel and got a mere $110 in return because it somehow got lost in transit from UPS. $600 out of pocket to the buyer.

.... i said happy endings,

Sorry to hear about your shipping problems.

It is insured and that should cover things, but it would still be a big pain in the ass to have to go through this investigation process for fraud and who knows what else.

I just want it to be delivered safe and sound

One time I ordered a relatively inexpensive group of items from Rimfire Technologies (~50-60 bucks) and had it shipped USPS with tracking number. It was supposed to be at my door on a Tuesday. Monday the tracking number said it was in Atlanta's sorting office and there was no change Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I emailed R/T and called USPS regarding the issue. R/T said once it is shipped it is out of their hands and they count the order as fulfilled (which I understand to a degree that they can't be held accountable for USPS ineptitude). USPS basically said to wait. So I waited 24hrs and called again. I called everyone as I really wanted that package, but was only responded to with a "check the tracking order status on our website". I gave up after three weeks. Later that week, I got it in the mail and checked the tracking number - it still said it was in Atlanta....

When I bought my M96 Windrunner (high dollar dream gun) it was from a guy in Washington state and shipped via USPS. Tracking number did the same thing when it hit the Salt Lake City distribution/rerouting center. I wanted it by the weekend and it was "stuck" in Utah for 3 days! I checked it religiously every other hour and wouldn't you know, that rifle made it from Salt Lake City to Wichita, KS to Memphis, TN in less than an hour and a half.

I've had similar issues with FedEx and UPS not updating their tracking numbers appropriately but at least with them everything was on time or only a day late. You'll be fine.

Two, I guess I'm lucky:

I ordered a new scope from MidwayUSA and went the cheaper route for delivery (USPS). A week or so goes by, and I start getting worried. Everything I had ever ordered from Midway had shown up in 4-5 days. I call and they confirm that the item had shipped. I call my local USPS office and they have no record of the item being received or delivered. I call Midway back and they shipped out a duplicate item (UPS Tracking this time) which I received in a few days. Many folks knock Smiling Larry's company, but they didn't hesitate in helping me out.

Second one... A buddy from a small town PD gets his FFL and sets up a shop that he runs while on his days off with the PD. I throw him some business and order a Garand that I had been wanting forever. A week or so later, he calls for me to come pick up the rifle and do the paperwork. As I'm filling out the paperwork, he tells me that the brown truck driver had evidently come to deliver on a day that the shop wasn't open. The delivery driver had left the package with the owner of a restaurant next door. Thank goodness for honest people and small town folks.

I shipped a few optics to a guy at the DLI/Presidio last year. Tracking had the package being delivered in friggin upstate NY.

Contacted him, let him know the deal, sent copies of receipts to prove I'm not retarded with the offer to send additional products at my loss or provide a refund immediately. He opted to let it go a day or two to make sure the system wasn't screwed. Day later the package arrives at his door.

Go figure.

^ these are the kind of stories i need right now.

Still no updates, and person has not received it yet.

but tomorrow is another day.

come on UPS come threw for me!!

Early 80s had two rifles put together. A palma gun and a 1000 yd gun. Shipped UPS instructions for a will call pickup firearms do not leave at address. Came home about 1630 one evening to find a Kalispel 2 rifle case sitting on my front lawn.

Sometimes UPS does not update shipping progress as they are supposed to. I have shipped stuff or had things shipped to me that still said the package was at the place of origin and in fact had been delivered. I wouldn't sweat it just yet, especially since you have it insured.

Still no updates on my package, it is over due on delivery. I started a trace.

wish me luck.

But on a side note, here is some tracking info on a package i was having delivered to me. It is funny, apparently UPS has discovered time travel!!

DFW Airport, TX, United States 02/28/2012 9:59 P.M. Departure Scan
02/28/2012 8:21 P.M. Arrival Scan
Mesquite, TX, United States 02/28/2012 7:28 P.M. Departure Scan
02/28/2012 6:53 P.M. Origin Scan
<span style="color: #CC0000">Minneapolis, MN, United States 10/21/2011 10:37 A.M. Delivered</span>
United States 02/28/2012 8:44 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

initiated a trace this morning on the Premeir

It came back late tonight saying it is in Laurel, MD, where i shipped it from???

Lets hope this is true and it will soon be on its way.

Fingers are crossed

I just ordered a kestrel and some stuff from midway and I dont have any patients so I payed 20 bucks extra for the second day shipping. Its really amazing how fast ups works at getting your packages to you on time. I also ordered a bell & carlson stock from brownells and I paid for regular shipping and it was at my house in 2 days! Idaho to my home in Ohio. I got lucky with that one!

^ i just ordered some stuff off midway too, should be here tomorrow i think, or friday, i don't think i got a tracking email yet though?? hmmm

ill check on that

'Bout three or four years ago I purchased an Eotech from a returning OIF vet. He shipped priority w/o delivery confirmation. After two weeks, no delivery. Two more weeks still nothing. I beleived the dude when he said he shipped, good commo with him, and my BS detector didn't go off. He said a surprising number of guys in his outfit were having the same problem when selling privately purchased kit. He was scraping together the cash for my refund.

Two months after ship date it showed up, postmarked when he said it was shipped. Where it had been at was unknown to either of us, but I got it.

PS, turns out some pukes in the local USPS had been caught diverting outgoing packages from GI's. This happened in the Ft Hood, TX area.

UPS...United Package Smashers. I don't have a positive story, so I'll keep quiet.

USP lost a $37,000 cashiers check to me for a piece of equipment I sold. And the check could not be reissued for a year according to the bank that issued it. Showed up 40 days later. The Jack Ass that sent it to me lived an hour and half away.. Out of state. and sent it regular mail..

T.

^ ouch, that is a rough one. That could have been a life changing mistake.

Update on my situation.

Well, the Premier is reportedly out for delivery today....just need to wait for the guy to get it and hear back from him and hopefully it is still in the box and in one piece.

moment of truth

Just got word. Scope finally got there and everything seems to be fine.

So it worked out in the end.

a big relief