• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shipping is ridiculous!

Basher

I fly stuff and I know things.
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2004
Lafayette IN, USA
Yes, I am a poor these days.

Went to backorder a Sterk bolt knob. Things went from $90 for the knob to A HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN DOLLARS AND FOURTEEN CENTS thanks to tax, insurance, and EO’s apparent need to charge me nearly TWICE what a small flat rate box actually costs. I get that the retards at USPS have dicked up their service so much that they have to raise prices to make up for it, but come on. I can get on PirateShip as a regular, non-business user and get that down to just over $8, not this $14.80 that EO feels they’re entitled to.

Un-freakin’-real.

Bitch session over, I guess. Holy hell…

Edit: EO can charge what they want, that’s their prerogative. It’s just more than it needs to be compared to similar products from other (smaller) retailers, which kinda sucks. I guess sticker shock got to me, shipping anything these days is hella expensive and I wrongly (to some extent) pinned that on EO.

Last edited:
I guess you could always drive out there and pick one up in person.

I’m a bit of a slow typist, but that rant would’ve cost more for me to type than the shipping.

Have you contacted them via phone or the live chat? It's not uncommon for companies to make sure they aren't losing on shipping and have higher than needed fees. And not uncommon for them to adjust the shipping when you contact them.

Happens with RRS from time to time.

While less convenient, id recommend you give them a call.
I highly recommend this as well. I had issues ordering AT mags about a month ago. Had an account and didn’t realize my credit card 3 digit number was different on the old card then the one I tried using

Anyways resulted in a call to EO. Some of the best in the business and made short sweet work of my order. The phone order came out $10 less than the order in their page.

Reactions: Basher
I'd suggest reaching out to them. I've been dealing with EuroOptic for years and frankly they're my primary go-to broker of glass. I've never received anything but stellar service from them in all that time. I'm planning on making yet another large purchase with them in a couple of weeks.

Call them- explain what you're taking issue with. I don't have any affiliation with them but I'd have to believe they'll make you happy if you'd take the first step in meeting them halfway.

-LD

EuroOptics is one of the best damn companies on the planet. Nothing, I mean nothing, is better than their service.

If shipping seems retarded.... that's the problem of the shippers these days. Who suck. From USPS to UPS to Fedex (in particular).... that's not EuroOptic.

Not to be confused with OpticsPlanet. Which sucks donkey balls.

But I won't go there in case there are a supporter here.

I'll conclude by saying that at every level, EuroOptic is awesome. If shipping sucks, take it up with Bernie. He chairs the Post Office Committee in the Senate. Or Fedex. Because they suck. Or UPS. Which I like. But not everyone does.

Cheers,

Sirhr

The px difference is $7?

I mean you must count youre pennies since you're...
Buying a goddamn $90 bolt knob... 🤪

Honestly I get it, but....we all like nice things...
but the self-inflicted stress level here isn't healthy.

+1...Euro is a place with real people, if you call them,
probably fix you up / worth your time...etc.

EuroOptics is one of the best damn companies on the planet. Nothing, I mean nothing, is better than their service.

If shipping seems retarded.... that's the problem of the shippers these days. Who suck. From USPS to UPS to Fedex (in particular).... that's not EuroOptic.

Not to be confused with OpticsPlanet. Which sucks donkey balls.

But I won't go there in case there are a supporter here.

I'll conclude by saying that at every level, EuroOptic is awesome. If shipping sucks, take it up with Bernie. He chairs the Post Office Committee in the Senate. Or Fedex. Because they suck. Or UPS. Which I like. But not everyone does.

Cheers,

Sirhr
Word. EuroOptic is truly awesome. Spent alot of money there, they are my default optics source.

Welcome to how every visitor to the USA feels.
Go to a resturant, "nice, meal only costs $60"
At till, + sales tax +random other tax + tip, "WTF, my meal cost $150?".

Y'all all worried about the Southern border being invaded, you should be on the streets protesting that retailers list sticker price before tax.

they are great. have bought rifles and glass from them with no problems. for glass it is them or camera land hands down.

I’ll address you first, since the fact that you of all people chose to attack my character was such a surprise.

1) No, tax is on the state and fed. It did contribute to the ridiculous 30% increase in the cost of one part, but I clearly broke down the shipping cost as being on EO later in my post. Don’t suggest I said something I didn’t.

2) EuroOptic should cover any item under $100 with insurance. Why? BECAUSE IT’S INCLUDED IN PRIORITY SHIPPING. I shouldn’t have to pay an extra $5 to enjoy a benefit that’s inherent in one of their shipping options. So yeah, if my $90 part ($10 less than the insurance max included with any Priority package) got lost, I’d be asking EO to send me another and file an insurance claim on their end to get the insurance money. That’s sort of how that works, which is why the $5 upcharge is ridiculous…

3) Anarchy Outdoors charges $5 less to ship a comparable order (swept handle, round knob, trigger spring). I GUARANTEE EuroOptic ships more than AO, every day of the week and twice on Sunday. If EO hasn’t negotiated a reduced commercial rate with various shippers, that’s on them. There’s NO reason to inflate shipping that much, hard stop.

For everyone else, I never said EO didn’t offer amazing service. My complaint was very specific in regard to what they charge for shipping. Period. I’ll give them a call and see what they say, and will own the fact that I didn’t even once think to do that as I’m not a huge online retail shopper. I might have thought of it with CameraLand or CS, but not EO, so I deserve those comments.

And yes, for some of us right now, the pennies matter. I saved up a good while to afford the few nice things I have, so I’ll wear the title of penny pincher for the time being. Sue me. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I’ll address you first, since the fact that you of all people chose to attack my character was such a surprise.

1) No, tax is on the state and fed. It did contribute to the ridiculous 30% increase in the cost of one part, but I clearly broke down the shipping cost as being on EO later in my post. Don’t suggest I said something I didn’t.

2) EuroOptic should cover any item under $100 with insurance. Why? BECAUSE IT’S INCLUDED IN PRIORITY SHIPPING. I shouldn’t have to pay an extra $5 to enjoy a benefit that’s inherent in one of their shipping options.

3) Anarchy Outdoors charges $5 less to ship a comparable order (swept handle, round knob, trigger spring). I GUARANTEE EuroOptic ships more than AO, every day of the week and twice on Sunday. If EO hasn’t negotiated a reduced commercial rate with various shippers, that’s on them. There’s NO reason to inflate shipping that much, hard stop.

For everyone else, I never said EO didn’t offer amazing service. My complaint was very specific in regard to what they charge for shipping. Period. I’ll give them a call and see what they say, and will own the fact that I didn’t even once think to do that as I’m not a huge online retail shopper. I might have thought of it with CameraLand or CS, but not EO, so I deserve those comments.

And yes, for some of us right now, the pennies matter. I saved up a good while to afford the few nice things I have, so I’ll wear the title of penny pincher for the time being. Sue me. 🤷‍♂️
Best of luck to you- I hope you're able to come to an amicable resolution.

-LD

Best of luck to you- I hope you're able to come to an amicable resolution.

-LD

The reality is that things cost what they cost anymore, I guess. Some of my venting is also just from the fact that life itself seems to be too expensive and I probably let that guide my reaction and this post more than I should have. We’re approaching the point where the hobby’s going to become too expensive for me to actively participate. That isn’t EO’s fault. And really, as noted above by others, for a $90 bolt knob I’m being a whiny bitch by complaining about an extra $5 in shipping. But the pennies do matter in my case. If I want the Sterk, I’ll have to swallow my frustrations and pay what I owe, no amount of complaining will fix that. EO can charge what they want to charge (like we say here, “their house, their rules”), it’s just frustrating is all…

The reality is that things cost what they cost anymore, I guess. Some of my venting is also just from the fact that life itself seems to be too expensive and I probably let that guide my reaction and this post more than I should have. We’re approaching the point where the hobby’s going to become too expensive for me to actively participate. That isn’t EO’s fault. And really, as noted above by others, for a $90 bolt knob I’m being a whiny bitch by complaining about an extra $5 in shipping. But the pennies do matter in my case. If I want the Sterk, I’ll have to swallow my frustrations and pay what I owe, no amount of complaining will fix that. EO can charge what they want to charge (like we say here, “their house, their rules”), it’s just frustrating is all…
I really do get it- times are tough and have been for quite sometime. Not trying to give you any grief and I really do hope you find a solution but I've been nothing but impressed by EO and as I mentioned, if you meet them halfway and make the initial call, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they work with you to find a happy solution. Best of luck.

-LD

They are probably using shipping inflation on small items that need to be repackaged to pay for all the free shipping on orders over $250 and “red deals” or wtf they call them on all the optics and stuff.

Also, suggesting you fly for Delta isn’t a character attack, per se. Unless you are that fucker that meows on guard all the time. In which case, it is.

Reactions: ma smith
I’ll address you first...
OP ... just call them... and address this with the company.

Most businesses don't have as much control over their shipping as it might seem, some of this is because it might need them to re-program the computers for chekout or the web site layout, etc or update software,versions etc. But if you have some legit complaint, many companies will just fix the problem per-order bais by doing the extra paperwork as a courtesy, and often its 'free' of charge.

But keep in mind they are paying human beings to help your CS. So having $2-3 over actual costs is pretty reasonable on a $100/order. By way of comparison... typicaly mailed letter from a business cost about $3 in overhead to mail you something (eg, a bill or receipt)...and has done for 20-30 years...even if you think its free.

Anyways, good luck and hopefully the new bolt knob is awesome...

They are probably using shipping inflation on small items that need to be repackaged to pay for all the free shipping on orders over $250 and “red deals” or wtf they call them on all the optics and stuff.

Also, suggesting you fly for Delta isn’t a character attack, per se. Unless you are that fucker that meows on guard all the time. In which case, it is.

I didn’t take it as such lol. Frankly, flying for Delta would have been an upgrade over the path I chose for a few reasons outside of the flying itself. That’s a story for another time, though. :)

EO rocks, I have bought the shit out of their shit over the years, many guns, many optics, much ammo....and some...like....stuff.

You do realize the $7 you're complaining about is probably as much as at least 1/2 the guys here pay for morning coffee.

Get real.....or continue to be a knob.
It's ALL on you.

OP ... just call them... and address this with the company.

Most businesses don't have as much control over their shipping as it might seem, some of this is because it might need them to re-program the computers for chekout or the web site layout, etc or update software,versions etc. But if you have some legit complaint, many companies will just fix the problem per-order bais by doing the extra paperwork as a courtesy, and often its 'free' of charge.

But keep in mind they are paying human beings to help your CS. So having $2-3 over actual costs is pretty reasonable on a $100/order. By way of comparison... typicaly mailed letter from a business cost about $3 in overhead to mail you something (eg, a bill or receipt)...and has done for 20-30 years...even if you think its free.

Anyways, good luck and hopefully the new bolt knob is awesome...

Thanks.

For all who’ve suggested a call, I appreciate it. Again, never would have thought to do so with a larger vendor such as EO, which was dumb of me. I’ll own that.

I changed the thread title because the problem may be reflected by EO, but it’s probably just a symptom of a larger economic issue (and my own frustrations). No real shade meant towards them, I suppose.

Reactions: Ronws

2) EuroOptic should cover any item under $100 with insurance. Why? BECAUSE IT’S INCLUDED IN PRIORITY SHIPPING. I shouldn’t have to pay an extra $5 to enjoy a benefit that’s inherent in one of their shipping options. So yeah, if my $90 part ($10 less than the insurance max included with any Priority package) got lost, I’d be asking EO to send me another and file an insurance claim on their end to get the insurance money. That’s sort of how that works, which is why the $5 upcharge is ridiculous…

My apologies, I shouldn't have gone off on a bit of a rant.
I get a bit wound up sometimes because at work I have to deal with too many shipping related headaches and constant increases in our costs and surprise fees and such that customers never seem to understand.

I shouldn't have posted what I did.
I'll go ahead and delete it.

Again, I apologize.

It's Bidenomics, and the economy is doing great. If you don't realize it, that's on you. At least according to the boot lickers in the mainstream media.

My apologies, I shouldn't have gone off on a bit of a rant.
I get a bit wound up sometimes because at work I have to deal with too many shipping related headaches and constant increases in our costs and surprise fees and such that customers never seem to understand.

I shouldn't have posted what I did.
I'll go ahead and delete it.

Again, I apologize.

I get it, brother. Lots of people are wound tight these days (couldn’t you tell from my OP?? :ROFLMAO: ), stress seems to be an ever-present factor in modern living. Apology accepted, but not needed.

I’ll try to think outside my little box going forward, because there’s undoubtedly someone like you on the other end at EO who ALSO has to deal with people like me lol. If I want the world to be a better place I gotta do my part, so your post isn’t without merit if it helps me think of others a bit more now because of it. But you’re good man, no harm done here IMO. :)

My BIL used to be a sales guy for FedEx. It would blow your mind what can be done if they pit UPS and FedEx against each other.

That said i think I paid $30 from RRS for a single arms mount, and just yesterday I paid $24 for a tuner that fits in my palm and weighs about 3 oz....

It is what it is.

8n5ay8.jpg

I had Creedmoor sports charge me a ton for shipping 3000 175 SMK bullets. I think they wanted 150 bucks for shipping.

I called them and pointed out that they can fit those bullets in 2 flat rate boxes and it will cost me 50 bucks. They told me they only use FedEx. I eventually got them down to 70 ish bucks which I thought was ok, but only by having a friend with a commercial fedex account pull a shipping quote for the exact same route and item. I then showed this to them and shamed them with what they were charging for shipping.

I worked for an online gun store for a while and I will say that many times the company makes as much or more off of shipping than they do off the item itself.

This is why I love American reloading. What you see is what you pay.

A couple of online seller places that I've looked at recently have this new "3rd party shipping insurance" thing they try to push when you buy stuff.
The rates are eye wateringly high.

In my opinion those are not any kind of good deal for the buyer & should be avoided.

:) I had Creedmoor sports charge me a ton for shipping 3000 175 SMK bullets. I think they wanted 150 bucks for shipping.

I called them and pointed out that they can fit those bullets in 2 flat rate boxes and it will cost me 50 bucks. They told me they only use FedEx. I eventually got them down to 70 ish bucks which I thought was ok, but only by having a friend with a commercial fedex account pull a shipping quote for the exact same route and item. I then showed this to them and shamed them with what they were charging for shipping.

I worked for an online gun store for a while and I will say that many times the company makes as much or more off of shipping than they do off the item itself.

This is why I love American reloading. What you see is what you pay.

See, I TOTALLY understand that they need to make a buck, they’re a business. It’s why they exist lol. But have your website people program those few extra bucks onto shipping for a BIG item where it won’t seem so friggin’ outrageous, that’s all I’m saying. If I’d been buying a rifle, I wouldn’t have batted an eye at an extra $5-10 on shipping. Heck, I probably wouldn’t have even noticed!

Or,

Just charge honest shipping. But then all those online search for item by price per websites basically crush your business because most are hiding their profit in the shipping now.

I wish everyone would go to the model where the displayed cost is the to your door price.

Those companies are the ones that get almost all of my business now.

Reactions: 6.5SH and Basher
Thanks.

For all who’ve suggested a call, I appreciate it. Again, never would have thought to do so with a larger vendor such as EO, which was dumb of me. I’ll own that.

I changed the thread title because the problem may be reflected by EO, but it’s probably just a symptom of a larger economic issue (and my own frustrations). No real shade meant towards them, I suppose.
Exactly. When the country's admin is telling us inflation is miraculously low but interest on loans to finance projects we work on is at 10% when it is usually at least 3 to 4 points lower than that and is affecting our business, the cost of things are high. And even the Fed is admitting that they cannot lower the PIR right now.

Our inflation could decrease if we quit buying other countries and if we produce more of our own energy instead of being at the mercy of market demands. Not wanting to get political. It is just a mechanical result of things in our "system."

Everything in a grocery store, for example, is brought to that store on a tractor-trailer rig that runs on diesel.

Or,

Just charge honest shipping. But then all those online search for item by price per websites basically crush your business because most are hiding their profit in the shipping now.

I wish everyone would go to the model where the displayed cost is the to your door price.

Those companies are the ones that get almost all of my business now.

The hard part about that is the price may vary wildly depending on what your address is, the address type and then how many items you are ordering and the size, weight and volume and value of all the items combined.

For a company to get an actual firm shipping cost (what it's going to actually cost them), you'd need to have everything in your shopping cart and have your address and address type put in and then they could calculate the rates based off the different carriers.

Many times (at least for us) the volume weight is greater than the actual weight, so depending on the packaging, extra things in the order may not increase the shipping cost other than the insurance value.

I was going to buy 100 cardboard backers for $100 dollars online but shipping was $250 so I have instead begun buying Staples cardboard boxes for $5 and then cutting them into multiple cardboard backers.

I'm not going to pay $250 to ship a stack of 100 cardboard backers from two states away.

Build Back Better! Thanks Joe!

Reactions: 101st and Basher
I was going to buy 100 cardboard backers for $100 dollars online but shipping was $250 so I have instead begun buying Staples cardboard boxes for $5 and then cutting them into multiple cardboard backers.

I'm not going to pay $250 to ship a stack of 100 cardboard backers from two states away.

Build Back Better! Thanks Joe!
A real poor has the post office send you a stack of flat rate boxes for free. But that’s poor behavior. And shows a certain lack of integrity.

• Haha
A real poor has the post office send you a stack of flat rate boxes for free. But that’s poor behavior. And shows a certain lack of integrity.

There are people willing to scam the post office out of cardboard? There has to be a special circle of hell for such people.

There are people willing to scam the post office out of cardboard? There has to be a special circle of hell for such people.
There was a thread about it about 6 months ago. The majority felt like using free boxes from the post office was some welfare-queen level shit. There were a few holdouts who felt we should be funding their target needs through our tax dollars.

Reactions: LawTalker
There was a thread about it about 6 months ago. The majority felt like using free boxes from the post office was some welfare-queen level shit. There were a few holdouts who felt we should be funding their target needs through our tax dollars.

I'd rather swallow my own vomit than run a scam to get free cardboard from the post office at taxpayer expense. That is like going to the church food bank when you don't need to go there.

I thought you could opt on on the insurance from EO. I could swear last time I ordered there was a box you could unclick?

Went to backorder a Sterk bolt knob. Things went from $90 for the knob to A HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN DOLLARS AND FOURTEEN CENTS thanks to tax, insurance, and EO’s apparent need to charge me nearly TWICE what a small flat rate box actually costs. I get that the retards at USPS have dicked up their service so much that they have to raise prices to make up for it, but come on. I can get on PirateShip as a regular, non-business user and get that down to just over $8, not this $14.80 that EO feels they’re entitled to.

Un-freakin’-real.

Bitch session over, I guess. Holy hell…

Edit: EO can charge what they want, that’s their prerogative. It’s just more than it needs to be compared to similar products from other (smaller) retailers, which kinda sucks. I guess sticker shock got to me, shipping anything these days is hella expensive and I wrongly (to some extent) pinned that on EO.
The shipping rates are calculated generally using a standard rates table that is programmed in the checkout module used on the website. Pirate ship and shippo give stellar rates, but they aren't tied in with a merchant that handles card processing and online shopping carts. It's not that they are trying to gouge you, it's just that the system isn't perfect.

I feel ya though, i've been charged some stupid shipping rates on various things from guns to paints and go kart parts, and I do a lot of shipping, so i know what rates generally are, so I know when i'm being overcharged for shipping. My clearcoat has to come hazmat and it makes me cry everytime I place that order, $70 for shipping from Florida.

I'd cut 'em a little slack, is the 6 or 7 bucks really worth the time to dwell on? I'm not a rich man, nor am I poor, but there are days where if I drop a $5bill, I may not bother to bend over to pick it up depending on how my back felt in the morning when I rolled outta bed.

Branden

If time is money, it cost me 40 bucks to read this thread. I don't get paid much, but I read really slow to make up for it.