• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shipping Magazines

CxAgent

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 6, 2018
For those of you smarter than me

My nephew graduated boot camp and ait a few months back and is now cav scout. He is currently stationed in Germany. He is asking if I know a shop that sells pmags. My question is can pmags be shipped to him from the states? Is there a way to get mags to him where neither he or I end up talking with representatives of .gov

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated

Be careful . Make sure you thoroughly check the legalities on this .
Yup. Asking a on a forum may not be the best idea but figured it was a start. I am not knowledgeable in ITAR regulations or military regulations. Like I said. Not looking to invite .gov into his or my life.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
No.
(30 rd pmag)
From Magpul: https://magpul.com/pmag-30-ar-m4-gen-m3-window.html?mp_global_color=118

E.A.R.
Export Administration Regulations Controlled Product
EXPORT NOTICE:
This is an item controlled for export by the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) under the Commerce Control List (CCL). These controls take the form of export regulations and license requirements. As part of the express consideration provided for receipt of Magpul's goods, technical data and/or services, you, our customer, acknowledge that the export, re-export or other transfer, directly or indirectly, of the goods, technical data and/or services provided by Magpul in violation of U.S. law is prohibited. Customers acquiring controlled goods, technical data and/or services from Magpul shall be responsible for obtaining any necessary U.S. or other government authorization required to ensure compliance with applicable export laws. (See Magpul Compliance Notices page for more information).

Reactions: CxAgent
Thank you. I figured it would be a no. For those that serves was it common for you to buy your own magazines?

In my prime time as 11B pmags were issued from supply

NSN
1005-01-576-5164 (black w/window)
1005-01-659-7086 (tan w/window)

Not sure if the NSNs still work. It's been a while..

Reactions: Docsherm
Thank you. I figured it would be a no. For those that serves was it common for you to buy your own magazines?
A lot of us bought our own kits/magazines/you name it. All because the issued stuff were okeyest at best.
Over the years the issued stuff became actually legit (plate carriers/pouches) etc. - especially for combat arms folks. Currently i have almost nothing on my ocie/gear issued record as over the years I've built my kit and that's what I carry.

I recommend to younger soldiers to try the issued stuff first, because it's pretty legit these days before they go out and spend hard earned money on gear.

Last edited:
Why does he want to spend his own money on mags, that's stupid.
I never had a problem w an aluminum mag, and now we have the better followers, there is no need for a p mag. As a matter of fact the p mags don't fall from the mag well as good as the aluminum.
The troops must be making too much money these days if they want to buy their own mags, and to involve their uncle on the internet sounds like someone is begging for attention, uncle or boot cav scout.

• Haha
Reactions: Badjujuu
I never had a problem w an aluminum mag, and now we have the better followers, there is no need for a p mag. As a matter of fact the p mags don't fall from the mag well as good as the aluminum.
The troops must be making too much money these days if they want to buy their own mags, and to involve their uncle on the internet sounds like someone is begging for attention, uncle or boot cav scout.
Someone sounds like a poor angry bitch that can't afford the good atuff

In my prime time as 11B pmags were issued from supply

NSN
1005-01-576-5164 (black w/window)
1005-01-659-7086 (tan w/window)

Not sure if the NSNs still work. It's been a while..
This.

my unit in Germany issued them.

of course it helped that the supply guys worked for me! :cool:

QFTT

aluminum GI mags with the magpul followers are actually very nice kit.

Someone sounds like a poor angry bitch that can't afford the good atuff
Or rather we have a narcissistic uncle looking for attention on the internet using his supposed nephew as content for a nonexistent magazine problem.

If he wants those dumbass mags them put them in a box and mail them to him you dumbass

Who is his BN S1 NCOIC? Or a supply clerk. Just go talk to him or her and get the skinny. Where the fuck is the PLT leader and why is he not taking care of the FNGs?

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Or rather we have a narcissistic uncle looking for attention on the internet using his supposed nephew as content for a nonexistent magazine problem.

If he wants those dumbass mags them put them in a box and mail them to him you dumbass

No kidding. I put mags in care packages when asked to. My mom and her mom put 45s and ammo of all kinds in care packages to great uncles and my dad.

No kidding. I put mags in care packages when asked to. My mom and her mom put 45s and ammo of all kinds in care packages to great uncles and my dad.
Unfortunately, now, you have to fill out customs paperwork for anything going to an APO or FPO and declare contents, etc. Customs checks them on the outbound.

Started a few years ago and it SUCKS and is a PITA.

And should never be required because I don't care that Japan owns Okinawa or that Germany owns Boeblingen... You ship to an American APO and it's going to American Soil. And there should be NO customs or paperwork to go to American Soil.

But that's not what the commies in Washington want to do to our troops.

Sirhr

Sounds like someone needs to take his meds to stifle the anger from an internet conversation.

QFTT

aluminum GI mags with the magpul followers are actually very nice kit.

Still what I prefer and use.

PMags are ribbed and snag on mag pouches. PMags are actually gay.

The argument is “ If muh pmag gets run over by a HMMWV, it’s still usable!”

Well, I just never ran over my shit with a HMMWV.

Reactions: CxAgent
Former Scout here, if the name didnt give that away.

Nothing like a new cherry private asking the Supply NCO to order specialty mags LOL. Great way to get the shit smoked out of you.

He will get issued what he needs. And as far as the metal USGI mags, they are superior to PMAGS anyway. That have a smaller form factor and you can carry more mags = same amount of space all things being equal.

Focus on learning your job first, not like he is going to be deployed anywhere anytime soon. Send him condoms and copenhagen, they will actually get used.

What metal mags are the favorites? I started collecting OKAY surefeeds and now they don't make them anymore, which sucks. Brownell's? D&H? Just curious, since I've learned I prefer aluminum mags over Pmags by a longshot.

They are all good. I like the surefeeds/okays but nothing is better IMO, than old surplus 20 round USGI mags, When I was in , especially living out of gun trucks, the 20's were a godsend between all the shit you have in there, armor and lack of space. It made maneuvering the rifle and stowing it much easier.

Throwing a couple 20's in your pockets was also more comfortable.

They are all good. I like the surefeeds/okays but nothing is better IMO, than old surplus 20 round USGI mags, When I was in , especially living out of gun trucks, the 20's were a godsend between all the shit you have in there, armor and lack of space. It made maneuvering the rifle and stowing it much easier.

Throwing a couple 20's in your pockets was also more comfortable.

When mounted I always kept a 20 rd mag in, and the rest were 30 rd mags.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Standard Okay mags with Magpul self leveling followers.
These are my favorite and have worked flawlessly for me, but unfortunately OKAY is not making them anymore. They stepped away from making mags at the end of 2022. I didn't know until it was too late. Can't find any new ones anywhere.