• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shipping Primers

beersngars

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2017
Ohio
I sold off a few boxes of primers and need to ship them. I understand USPS is out. UPS tells me they can't ship them from an individual and I have to hire a Hazmat shipping broker??? FedEx doesn't seem to understand what primers even are!! Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks

Pretty sure you have to find a hazmat shipper to send them for you...I’m not even entirely sure what that means or would look like but I’m pretty sure you can’t ship them yourself, legally.

Technically you can't do it without the proper contracts in place with shipping companies... and that also includes training and support from you

Guess you didn’t think about the reason people buy a whole bunch of stuff at once when shipping powder and primers.

shipping primers or powered is a no go unless you pay for it. They should be able to set up hazmat shipping you would think though for $30 bucks or whatever we have to pay.

at this point since you screwed yourself on selling them where you needed to ship I would either return the money to the buyer or throw them in a flat rate package and take your chances lol

• Haha
Reactions: Laughing_Jackal
I sold off a few boxes of primers and need to ship them. I understand USPS is out. UPS tells me they can't ship them from an individual and I have to hire a Hazmat shipping broker??? FedEx doesn't seem to understand what primers even are!! Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks
How far are you shipping them? Might be a nice weekend for a car ride.

Lol @Kadams1563
“Giver of Bad Advice,” indeed...😂

OP, If you decide to risk it, better hope your buyer isn’t one of those lurking Federal LEO’s 1LL has mentioned...

Reactions: Kadams1563
You can ship loaded ammo no problem but primers are the problem when it isn’t loaded. Wonder if you could ship primed brass without any issue?

Could say an FFL ship them?

Just let your buyer know the situation, offer the opportunity for him to arrange for pick up by himself or someone acting on his behalf. If he cannot do so, refund his money and repost them for local pick up only. If you have seen the money primers are bringing right now, I’d be shocked if you didn’t end up making more money vs what you sold them for in the first place.

You can ship loaded ammo no problem but primers are the problem when it isn’t loaded. Wonder if you could ship primed brass without any issue?

You can ship a "small quantity" of primed brass via UPS. Check their web site. Must have ORD-M on box. Not all places will accept. Most likely you will have to have it picked up. I understand that ORD-M option ceases 31 December 2020. Then it all becomes hazmat. We are seeing some of those markings on bulk ammo now.

Edit: @TF160 Guy ORM-D goes away, but the same provisions still apply to DOT's limited quantity rule. The labeling changes to this:
limitedquantity2.gif

Reactions: TF160 Guy