• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Shipping rifle to another state...

dcasanova

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
first off, i apologize if this is posted in the wrong section. i just didn't know where to put it.

this saturday i will be relocating to las vegas from ohio and was wanting to have my rifle shipped to my new house. i wouldn't dare trust the movers handling my rifle or even worse "taking" my rifle. i was wanting to ship it to myself at the new address. i searched online and even checked the atf's site, but i trust most of you here...lol. anyway, i was wanting to know if it is legal. thanks.

Re: Shipping rifle to another state...

i had seen that on the website, but the only thing that gets me is "The package should be addressed to the owner “in the care of” the out-of-State resident."

the thing is that i'm not shipping it to an out-of-state resident. i'm shipping to myself. maybe, i'm just slow...haahaa.

Re: Shipping rifle to another state...

Just pack it up nice and secure. Insure and ship. You will have to ship it from a central hub. No mom and pop UPS/Western Union store. I've never had any problems sending or recieving. Just ask the clerk at the counter. You are just a customer, it is their job to know all the laws and follow them when moving parcels. Don't include ammo and if you are not flying to LV I might take the bolt with me.