• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shipping Rifle ?

jsthntn247

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Mississippi
Where do yall go to find a box to ship a rifle? I'm selling a hunting rifle and have been to several pawn shops with no luck.

Or buy a case you want or a cheapy for the outer box.

Reactions: bgavin
Usually UPS store has a bunch of different sized boxes for sale, and plenty of bubble wrap for when they play forklift hockey with your packages

Large box store like Cabelas, Dicks, Scheels. Twice I’ve gone and picked up a box for a gun case (like a pelican, etc) to use for shipping.

hit up some more gun stores. i made an outer box out of a side of the big box my stand-up freezer came in.

when i buy a rifle and have it shipped to my ffl, i always get the outer box from them for later use.

Reactions: JimLee
If you have a "pack and wrap" store where you live they can build a cardboard box to go around a rifle case if you are sending it in one.

just wrap the crap out of if with bubble wrap and then get a box/large cardbaord and tape the crap out of it.

works everytime

Reactions: goatboy
FedEx has a nice triangular box (9x9x9) that is 50" long. Much stiffer than a rectangular box. They are like $8.

I just buy one of the Planno scoped rifle cases, they are like 18-20 bucks from what I remember and if you order from Wal-Mart they will deliver for free.
Then you have an actual hard case to protect the rifle during shipping and the cardboard box it was delivered in.
Cheap peace of mind and simple.