• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Shipping suppressors to another state?

AK4900PA

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2013
I'm originally from Alaska and currently residing in Texas. It's still a ways off, but in two years I'm planning on returning home. The wife is going to fly up and my son and I will take a road trip up there. What's the best way to get my suppressors up there? My wife isn't on the trust so she can't take them.

Just drive them there, avoiding California, keep them locked in a case, out of the passenger compartment, file a 5320.20 ( not strictly needed for cans but won't hurt)

Easiest would be to just ship them but you could drive to Washington and then ferry to Alaska. Canada is a no go.

Assuming you have an address in AK, you can just mail/ship those items to yourself. Be sure to insure the shipment. Also, when you get moved, be sure you change the address for the stamps.

The ferry is a viable option to avoid Canada. Cost is $250 to $400 for 1 car 2 people. If you factor in the high price of Canadian gas and other expenses, it is worth it. Plus you do not trust your very hard to replace cans to a shipper.
That is a better price than I would have expected