• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

shipping to Australia

wfjames22

trigger yanker
Minuteman
  • May 8, 2009
    SW TN
    I listed a set of scope rings on Ebay and the high bidder was from Australia. He sent me a message early in the auction and asked if I could/would ship them to him if he won the auction and if yes, what would it cost. I looked up the cost for shipping to Australia and let him know that it would be $30-$40 more to do so. I figured that this would be the end of the situation, since that is nearly half the retail price of the rings. Fast forward to tonight and wouldn't you know it, he won the auction.

My question is, can anyone with experience (and/or from Australia) please point me to where I can make sure that I am not breaking any laws by shipping these rings to Australia? I have searched around on the web and haven't been able to find anything that says that this is illegal nor legal. I am also looking to find out if I have to do anything other than put them in a USPS flat rate international box and drop them at the post office (any kind of paperwork, etc). I would ask at the post office but I am sure that that would be counter productive given the staff at the post offices here.

If it makes any difference, they are Optilock rings made by Sako for their bolt action rifles.

Thanks!

Not worth fucking with...going to cancel the auction and re-list. Thanks for everyone's input, even yours phil with the "you idiots are gonna get fucked" thread. I wasn't describing my willingness to commit an illegal act, simply asking for help finding what the statutes are to even know if it was a problem, dick.

Not worth fucking with...going to cancel the auction and re-list. Thanks for everyone's input, even yours phil with the "you idiots are gonna get fucked" thread. I wasn't describing my willingness to commit an illegal act, simply asking for help finding what the statutes are to even know if it was a problem, dick.

I know you weren't otherwise why ask. Two years ago i showed up at the Canadian border with 10k .5.56/.223 commercial brass. Stop at US side. bla.bla.bal.bla. I guess its ok. Go to Canadian side bla.bal.bla.bla I guess its ok.

Not today.

Today e-bay won't allow US army field manuals to be posted for the same manuals that can be downloaded worldwide on a .gov website for free paid for by US gov.

The policy updated link shows interpretation getting tighter and tighter re the treaty.

I know you weren't otherwise why ask. Two years ago i showed up at the Canadian border with 10k .5.56/.223 commercial brass. Stop at US side. bla.bla.bal.bla. I guess its ok. Go to Canadian side bla.bal.bla.bla I guess its ok.

Not today.

Today e-bay won't allow US army field manuals to be posted for the same manuals that can be downloaded worldwide on a .gov website for free paid for by US gov.

The policy updated link shows interpretation getting tighter and tighter re the treaty.

Gotcha...I should have just told the dude that I wouldn't even entertain the idea of shipping them out of the US. I also shouldn't have added the "dick" comment on the end of my reply earlier.