• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Shit Happens / Outstanding CS Comes Through

Kpchurch

Voluntold Youso
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Got my ZCO sunshade in the mail when I got home from work last Thursday (April 23rd). Went to go and install it, taking my rifle out of my case, flipped open the Tenerbraex cap cover and this is what I see. What the F#CK!!!

No clue what happened. Was perfectly fine when I put it away, in a M.O.A.B soft case, that’s in a 1750 Pelican case. Cap covers were on and closed. Nothing wrong with the cap covers, the scope body or anything else. Was installed about 3 months ago, using Fix It Stick on a Sphur mount, so wasn’t over tightened. Bolt is stored in a zipped padded soft case so that didn’t impact the lens, through the case & cap cover. Wife swears that she didn’t get it out, so I truly have no idea.

I have a 4-day precision rifle case at K&M beginning this Friday. Sent it FedEx Over Night Delivery back to ZCO, in Idaho. I was able to call and talk with Jeff. He answered the call 8 minutes prior to closing. He said to send it in, they’ll inspect it and see what happened, should be able to get it fixed and returned prior to my departure next Thursday. Wow!!!

Fast forward to early this afternoon (still morning in Idaho); I receive an email from Lori at ZCO, package was received, inspected, repaired, tested, packaged and sent. She provided the UPS tracking number, it will be here tomorrow and told me to enjoy my time at K&M. Wow, just wow. That is fantastic!!!

I asked Jeff what happed. He responded, “No idea Kevin, it could have just been a freak deal ...I really don't know, I have not seen that before.”

Either way it’s been repaired, and I’ll have it back in time before my trip. This is my only scope, so I would have been F#UCKED otherwise and ZCO came through!!! Jeff, Lori, thank you both and your team very much, life saver!!
! F9813635-AE87-421B-8D70-A19CA8EDA331.jpegFEFBFC26-35CD-402B-83BE-758D5F269B6A.jpeg6C794B13-1CB5-4892-BF9B-6A7D890A9A8E.jpeg32FC5F8F-9E21-43ED-BC2D-066616B6A99B.jpeg

Simply legit. Glad you can still hit the range.

Fascinated by what may have happened though. ZCO give any hypotheses?

I've heard the guy who runs this site on his podcast. I'm pretty sure you can type out "fuck." LOL!!!

That's awesome about ZCO...been spying their hardware for the last few days now. Might have to try out a 5-27.

Thank you for the information.

@Kpchurch man I’m so happy that you had it resolved in time!!! I had faith it would be and I’m glad you didn’t take a second longer to give him a call :) No matter who makes the scope, shit happens sometimes and some companies handle customer service better than others. I was going to follow up with you tomorrow but it looks like I don’t need too haha. I’ve only seen this happen one other time to a scope from another premium manufacturer and nobody was able to figure out how it occurred.

I've heard the guy who runs this site on his podcast. I'm pretty sure you can type out "fuck." LOL!!!

That's awesome about ZCO...been spying their hardware for the last few days now. Might have to try out a 5-27.

Right now is the best time ever to buy a ZCO 😄

Image may contain: possible text that says 'FREE SPUHR MOUNT OR ARC RINGS WITH A ZERO COMPROMISE OPTICS MPCT1 OR MPCT2 4-20 OR 5-27 VALID UNTIL END OF MAY! NOT APPLY τΟ SPUHR QD MOUNTS (916)-670-1103 1103 WW WWW.CSTACTICAL.COM'

Last edited:
@Kpchurch man I’m so happy that you had it resolved in time!!! I had faith it would be and I’m glad you didn’t take a second longer to give him a call :) No matter who makes the scope, shit happens sometimes and some companies handle customer service better than others. I was going to follow up with you tomorrow but it looks like I don’t need too haha. I’ve only seen this happen one other time to a scope from another premium manufacturer and nobody was able to figure out how it occurred.
Thanks for your assistance Richard, much appreciated. Ya, really happy I didn’t wait a minute longer too. Kind of like anyone sitting on the fence about picking up a ZCO right now, pick one up and grab the free Sphur while they can :cool:

do it you won’t regret it at all. go through cstactical also if you can.they’re the real deal.

I have misused and abused the crap out of firearms and scopes over the years, and I have never seen that. That has to be a freak occurrence.

Reactions: deersniper
Picked one up last week... but this deal has me thinking whether there is hide it from the wife option. Like where I get charged $3600 over 2 months so the wife doesn’t have to goto fancy dinner at Chick fil a.
I just used the excuse that putting it on the credit card would push us to enough points for her to be able to go to the beach for pretty much free in September.

I just used the excuse that putting it on the credit card would push us to enough points for her to be able to go to the beach for pretty much free in September.

Solid work! We had a trip canceled and weren’t planning on rebooking to funnel more money into building a new house.

Need a more creative option, unfortunately.

Does ZCO make their own lenses/glass? If not, any idea who they source from?

We get our lenses from Schott.

Thanks. Looking at just a photo it’s hard to make any solid conclusions, plus the photo can introduce issues, But it’s possible that was due to an annealing issue. Now I’m just curious, as it does seem weird.

Either a internal manufactures defect exacerbated by rapid temperature change which caused it to pop. If that chip is on the outside maybe it was stuck from debris kicked up by muzzle blast and sat unnoticed and again rapid temperature change popped it. Just a guess :)

We get our lenses from Schott.

Wait a minute...did we just get a guy who works for the same company we're typing about, to respond directly to us from a direct question about one of their primary components???

What the hell. That ain't right! We're supposed to be allowed to speculate and develop conjecture about where ZCO's glass comes from.

This asked and answered business isn't right. We need speculation and debate!

I'm joking, of course.