• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shits just not letting up...

I feel for you.
I had a rough year and also had to put my best buddy down as well.
Prayers for you
20200310_174244.jpg

Sorry to hear all this from y'all. The wife and I treat our two dogs like children (especially since we decided not to have human children), even structuring our vacations to be dog friendly, so I know it's painful when you have to make that decision. I always have to look back at the life we were able to give them (especially since we adopt) and that helps somewhat. We can never replace them but we can give the same great life to a new dog when the time comes. Hang in there.

Nova 2.jpg

This is Nova, we found here three years ago. Some one left her for dead, like a sack of trash. She had been bred out and was dying from heart worms. We saved her, no expense was spared. We found out she now has cancer, she is my wife first line of defense when I'm away. This is the best dog I have ever had! I'll have to put her down soon as the cancer has grown so much it will split her side open and there is nothing we can do. She trust us unconditionally, I feel the day I put her in my truck and bring to the vet, I will betray her trust. It will break my fucking heart. Now I know the pain of other people. Like your wife and kids, give your dog (or cat) a hug.

View attachment 7277740
This is what matters. They will all be waiting for you on the other side. All dogs do go to heaven.

Prayers sent for all that have recently lost a best friend.
Thanks for posting this. It's on the horizon for me and my best friend and this is the only thing I have seen in my life that may make it survivable.

The BL in my avatar pic his name was Bo he was 14yrs old when I had to put him down in 2016 he was the best dog I ever had toughest decision I ever had to make. I knew it was time when it would have been selfish on my part to let him go another day. We had the vet come to the house to do it I didn't want him to go through the ordeal of loading him in my truck and taking him to the vet. He took his last breath in my arms in his own house. All I can say is time heals.......wish you the best!

Well today we lost our best friend! She put up a fight to the end! Hardest thing I have ever done. The wife is taking it really hard. I know times are tough, people are going through worse than we did today. Prayers for lost loved ones, human and pets. Cancer sucks!!
Thanks for the support earlier this year!
A6BF17AF-E1BA-4468-B3DC-0C5A00943E25.jpeg33B169C7-9A6C-4FF0-B924-5E666F356574.jpeg

We had to put down two of our cats because of feline leukemia. I balled like a little girl! Hang tough. Go adopt a shelter puppy.
Yep, the wife and I decided to adopt another dog, like you said from the shelter. Just need to heal a little.

I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words to describe the pain. I lost my best buddy on April 8th. We got him right after I started some really rough treatment for throat cancer 13 years ago this July. He never left my side until we had to put him to sleep. We did everything we could for him both neither love nor medicine could save him. Broke my heart. We pick up his ashes tomorrow. Going to pull the scab off that wound all over again. I pray that God blesses you through your grief.

I buried my beagle right outside my bedroom window so she would be close to us. I had for 15 years and had to put to sleep, 5 years ago. You see, she was very special because when my newish wife of one year was told she couldn’t have kids (we have three now, wtf do doctors know) anyway, when we were told we couldn’t have children, we adopted her from my sisters inlaws, as a puppy. That beagle was dumber than a sack of potatoes, but when my first boy became a toddler, he would pull on here ears and bite her nose, that dog never even growled. She took all the toddler attention in stride. She would get out and run away lol, But I bought her back from the city pound so many times I was on a first name basis with the employees. Lol. I loved that stupid dog.

The BL in my avatar pic his name was Bo he was 14yrs old when I had to put him down in 2016 he was the best dog I ever had toughest decision I ever had to make. I knew it was time when it would have been selfish on my part to let him go another day. We had the vet come to the house to do it I didn't want him to go through the ordeal of loading him in my truck and taking him to the vet. He took his last breath in my arms in his own house. All I can say is time heals.......wish you the best!

thats a long time for a lab, mine died almost at 13 yrs old.....best dogs ever, we got another one coming in 7 weeks after 4 yrs without a dog/lab

I had a dog years ago, got it as a pup. Was told it was malamute, German Shepard and yote. Yeah part yote. That dog was badass. That bitch would disappear for a week, come back with a few open wounds and cuddle with the kids. Fucking awesome. I wish I was as cool as that dog.

Thanks everyone, got up this morning, her bed, bowls, and toys are still around the house. Couldn't pick them up last night, like I was waiting for her to come hobbling around the corner, but she never showed up. Like I keep saying: "it could always be worse".
Thanks again for your thoughts, it really helps!

Sorry for your loss. I had to put my soulmate down in February. I don't mind saying I was sobbing like mad. I still miss him - especially now. He too was a rescue who then got eaten by my friend's (who got my boy from rescue) other dog and survived after 5 hours of surgery. I took him in - heck, she claimed I stole him the first time I met him 3 years previous...she was right...we were made for each other. He had elbow arthritis and then we now suspect cancer (originally we thought IBS or colitis) as in 2 months he lost about 15 lbs. He'd had a biopsy not 3 months previous that proved negative. Yes, Cancer SUCKS...a LOT!!!

So I truly understand what you are going through - dogs are the best!!!!! But man does it hurt when you lose one - especially the really good ones. It hurts the soul so bad you wonder if you ever want another....but you will. Keep you head up, take a bit of time, then look at some photos. It'll hurt, but you'll be reminded of all the good times.

• Sad
Reactions: SilentStalkr
Yep, the wife and I decided to adopt another dog, like you said from the shelter. Just need to heal a little.

Yeah, I still haven’t buried the ashes of mine yet. He has been hanging out next to his buddy until I’m ready.

I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words to describe the pain. I lost my best buddy on April 8th. We got him right after I started some really rough treatment for throat cancer 13 years ago this July. He never left my side until we had to put him to sleep. We did everything we could for him both neither love nor medicine could save him. Broke my heart. We pick up his ashes tomorrow. Going to pull the scab off that wound all over again. I pray that God blesses you through your grief.

We are going to adopt another shelter dog to, just need a break for awhile.

Reactions: TACC
I have to confess this is really hard for me, they sedated her and she looked at me in the eyes like in the picture I posted and passed away. I'll be OK, but I can't stop thinking about the way she looked at me. Jesus I've been crying in my office all day today. I mean we had her at home, basically hospice care 24 hour a day, wife, son and myself taking turns caring for her. I even saw her doctor choke up when he did it. We want another dog, but to go through this again? It will take time for all of you who lost a pet and us. We are having her cremated also, she will be with us for ever. Thanks again.

Sorry for loose of all the best friends that have left us but remember they're better off now and we had a great time enjoying their friendship and love.
You all hang in there and know you had a great friend, pal, and protector

Really sorry for your loss. I've been there and it sucks. My first Rott, male at 10 1/2yrs., had pancreatic cancer. Vet administered the shot, got the "what the F's going on look" from him and I lost it, turned into the ultimate crybaby/pussy. My wife stayed by his side and I went outside and had a smoke and bawled. Luckily, it was raining the morning of, or people would of asked why I had a wet face. I've went thru friends/family/parents, and barely teared up, but for some reason, that F'n dog, just F'd me up. Again sorry. Mac

I have to confess this is really hard for me, they sedated her and she looked at me in the eyes like in the picture I posted and passed away. I'll be OK, but I can't stop thinking about the way she looked at me. Jesus I've been crying in my office all day today. I mean we had her at home, basically hospice care 24 hour a day, wife, son and myself taking turns caring for her. I even saw her doctor choke up when he did it. We want another dog, but to go through this again? It will take time for all of you who lost a pet and us. We are having her cremated also, she will be with us for ever. Thanks again.

They know you care. They are better now. We are so much enriched by them. We will see them again. Besides the movie is true. All dogs go to heaven.
thumbnail.jpeg

Note: this pic isn't here to make anyone feel bad because they were too emotional to be there. They still knew you wanted to be. You were with them in spirit.
1583559540250.jpeg

Dog asking an angel in heaven
1576709892109.png

And to end on a happy note (not my dogs)
1552014111637.png

My dog Daisy.
IMG-3580.JPG

While I am sorry for your loss of a dear friend , when one door closes another opportunity open another Id rather loose a close friend than see them suffer needlessly . Its just a chance that you could give your loss to a gain of another dog that may need rescuing a puppy or dog that needs a home while you have the space to fill just a thought, again sorry for your loss .

Your loss is understandable as they mean as much and more than anyone knows.
They're always there for you where as people are not as in touch with your feelings as our beloved four legged friends, making them in many ways closer than your closest and best friend you've had, sometimes even longer than the pets but they still don't know you like our four legged friends.
Bless all and if you wouldn't have shed some water you may not have been as close to that anima as you thought you were.

I'll add another thing. I could have (and did) have some really bad days at work only to come home to my four legged soulmate who made the BS of work disappear instantly. That's what dogs do. They give so much joy that it makes it so painful when they leave. Unfortunately, that's the price of admission if you love your dog. Like @Ken Burton said...they know you better than most if not all people.

I knew my boy had been in some pain (Lab's hide it well), but that last day on the walk he could hardly go 50 feet. I'd been hopeful there would be a turnaround. I knew when my dog put his head between my legs after they gave him the sedation before euthanizing, that I'd done the best thing for him. That look of "Thanks" and "I'm sorry Dad" and "I love you" just killed me. Almost 3 months later just typing that makes me sob. Trust me, your dog knew your love and loved you all the more for it. It's tough, but like @acudaowner says, where one door closes another opens. I suspect, like me, you'll never get over your loss, but you can move on with another 4 legged friend - something I plan on doing after I get of my own medical issues fixed (hello Mr. Achilles) that I put off taking care of my boy - and I'd do it a million times over!!

A grown man is allowed to have a tear in his eye from time to time. Someone close to me once said, "If your going to have a farm, your going to have a graveyard". Kinda puts things into perspective if you look at it that way. Animals aren't like people where they understand suffering or are able to cope with pain and hope. Best thing you can do is get back in the saddle with another dog.... Life is too long to worry and life's too short to wait!

Reactions: TACC and Expert684
I'm so sorry. I can relate. I lost my cattle dog boy this last August and our female passed a few months ago. They were both a few months shy of their 16th birthdays. House still isn't the same and I miss them greatly and cry when the wife isn't around. I have their ashes and intend to be buried with them. The one comfort is that I know we gave them the best life we could and did everything that was medically possible. I know you did the same.

We will have space for another rescue at some point so the upside is we will be able to save another life when the time is right. Hang in there.

A pic of our gang last summer.
image000000_01.jpg

Let the wife and my son read all of your post. They were touched and inspired by everyone. Wife and I came home this afternoon to an empty house, we cried again. We got to let this out, can’t hold it in. Thanks again for everyone’s support. Please know my thoughts and feeling can’t express how I now know what some of you went through with your loss. My prayers are with all of you. Thanks again. Chris

Hang in there buddy. It’s tough but you’ll come through the other side okay, if a bit broken for a while. As others have said, there will be another life worth saving when the time is right.

You never need to forget or try to “replace” the lost one, but you can make another lifelong pal while you wait to see her again.

Condolences for your loss.

Reactions: Expert684