• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shitty ES with H4831SC with 110SMKs in 6 Creed?

dgheriani

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
I'm on my 3rd barrel (all 26") in 6 Creed. The previous 2 I ran H4350 in necked down Prime brass with 110SMKs and CCI BR2s. One barrel liked 42.3gr and the other liked 42.2. The 7.5 twist got 3050fps and the 8tw 3080. I decided to try H4831SC since it's sometimes a pain in the ass to source 8lbs jugs of H4350. So far I'm getting good accuracy, consistent .5 or sub-.5moa 5 rd groups at 200 yards. The problem is the ES is terrible, like 50fps. In both previous barrels I was getting an ES of about 20fps. This is all using the same reloading methods, obviously. I have a new AD FX-120/auto-throw/auto-trickler coming which I figure will bring the numbers down but not that much. Maybe a change in primers? Try some Fed 210M? Is there something else I'm missing? I haven't tried playing with seating depth yet, I'm at 0.020 off the lands right now. Any help much appreciated!

Last edited:
Never ran Prime brass. First used necked down 6.5 Lapua, then Lapua came out with 6 creed SRP
Try some RL16. With 42.2g of it, I was in the low 3100 fps and
CCI 450's. You'll find a node in the 41.6 + range and low 42's ( Lapua brass, 26 inch) Give these a try and see if it helps

Never ran Prime brass. First used necked down 6.5 Lapua, then Lapua came out with 6 creed SRP
Try some RL16. With 42.2g of it, I was in the low 3100 fps and
CCI 450's. You'll find a node in the 41.6 + range and low 42's ( Lapua brass, 26 inch) Give these a try and see if it helps
Prime's brass is Norma, I found I got good results with it on my last barrel. Unfortunately I think the Reloader powders are kind of a pain to source up here in Canada. Worst case, I'll go back to H4350 because I have 16 or so lbs of it but I was hoping that H4831SC would give me good results.

Also, seated the 110's @ .009 off
Don't know if you can get your hands on some CCI 450's or if it would
make that much of a difference.

Also, seated the 110's @ .009 off
Don't know if you can get your hands on some CCI 450's or if it would
make that much of a difference.

I've got a few thousand 450s but the Prime/Norma brass is LRP. Gonna try some 250s and some Fed 210Ms if I can find em.

Prime = RUAG

RUAG is the parent company for Norma, but that doesn’t mean it “is” Norma

Try AA4350. I used it in a pinch once and it turned out to be a good powder. Always seems to be in stock. So, I stick with it.

Reactions: dgheriani
In case anyone is curious, I swapped to Federal 210M primers today and shot a 10rd 0.56 moa group with an ES of 29. Problem solved as far as I'm concerned and hopefully the new Ad FX-120 I have in the mail will drop a few more fps off the ES.