• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

shitty morning

motodog

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
gillette wy
on my to a coal mine south of wright wy this morning and came across a mini van rolled in the ditch.as the medics were checkin the ladies vitals and said she died in the wreck her husband arived on scene and i had to hold him back and all i could say to him was she was with the medics.i could not let him see his loved one that was layin beside her van sqwashed.she wasnt wearing a seat belt and had been ejected.frickin ruined my day.praires to his family.

Re: shitty morning

Shit. Sorry to hear. Thankfully there weren't any kids in the car. I wonder what the cause of the rollover was...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">on my to a coal mine south of wright wy this morning and came across a mini van rolled in the ditch.as the medics were checkin the ladies vitals and said she died in the wreck her husband arived on scene and i had to hold him back and all i could say to him was she was with the medics.i could not let him see his loved one that was layin beside her van sqwashed.she wasnt wearing a seat belt and had been ejected.frickin ruined my day.praires to his family. </div></div>

Shitty morning indeed!

God bless ya' for keeping that fellow from seeing a sight that would likely haunt him for the rest of his life. Bad enough to lose a loved one, but some deaths are pretty horrifying.

Almost <span style="font-style: italic">every</span> automotive-related fatality in this state reads like this: "Victim's car left the road, he overcorrected, rolled and was ejected. He was not wearing a seatbelt." Makes me seriously question the sanity and/or intelligence of anyone who doesn't wear a restraint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noah Mercy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Makes me seriously question the sanity and/or intelligence of anyone who doesn't wear a restraint. </div></div>

Saved my life... Twice!

I am sorry you had to experience that situation. After ten years as a paramedic ground and air I have seen that too many times.

As far as seatbelts go, I won't say it will save your life but I have never cut a dead body out of a seatbelt.

In 5 years of LE I never cut a dead body out of a car either! Nor did I ever see that.

We've lost a few people local not wearing seat belts.

Glad you stopped though. That has to suck for the man.

Every time my gal and I go somewhere she says "Buckle up for love".

Do so.

Sorry you had to experience that MD. I know what a crummy deal that is to deal with a family member of the deceased.

I have cut seatbelts to pull bodies out of vehicles. Seatbelts do save lives and I am a proponent of seatbelt laws but when it's your time to go it's your time to go.

Having done a stint as a fatality accident investigator I learned, besides seatbelts, I'm not to mocho to wear a MC helmet.

You dont do this for work so you caught a raw deal.
Sorry to hear what happened and hope you dont dwell on it to much. Have found too many that have past when I was workin years ago,Best to think that there is something better for them and do what you can for those still around .It aint easy but it has to be done. we all have to get thru the day.

Good on you for sparing him the site.
I still do not get why anyone travels without seat belts. I think every Parent needs to ride their kids when teaching them to drive -seat belts on before keys in ignition, should be motor memory.

A coworker of mine watched a van roll in the early morning hours on a remote highway in new mexico. He stopped as you did, and helped people out of the van, and roll the van off a dead older gentleman,. And then following the pleading of a mother, looked through the sage brush to find a carseat. . . . . . .
He found it, and carried the lifeless child back to its mother.
It changed him, as I'm sure this did you MD.

Shitty morning indeed.

Very shitty morning indeed. nobody wants to see something like that.

I have 1st hand experience in a seatbelt saving my life. Was slammed into on the 4th about 5 yrs ago. Fiance, now wife, was with me at the time and her seatbelt save her too. She never wore one before me and thank god I was persistent enough to change her mind about seatbelts.

Good samiritans on the road helped us and it's important that we lend a hand when others are in need. Only precaution I'd add. Make sure you keep yourself out of harms way. 4-5 months ago in Toledo, people stopped on I75 to help out with an accident and were killed after being hit by the interstate traffic that didn't see the accident.