• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooter App question

Jevaughn0823

jevaughn0823
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2019
North Carolina
Bear with me if this is a stupid question, but I was messing with my drop chart data on the Shooter App I have for my 6.5 creed. I'm shooting the 140 eldm and I used the G1 coefficient for the bullet data. How come when I switch from the G1 to the G7 bc it lowers my come up at 1000yrds by 2 mils? I just shot in a match and the drop chart for the G1 coefficient seemed pretty well spot on, if I went with the drop chart for the G7 I would be in the dirt. Am I missing something when I change to the G7 coefficient? Thanks

Hmmm... for me it was the complete opposite, I was able to get on target once I switched to G7 but the difference was .4 mil at 1k. same cartridge same ammo. I'd review all your settings.

When you switch to the G7, you have to enter an actual G7 value for the BC.

Shooter doesn't automatically adjust the number for you. G7s are about half the G1s, so your BC will be hopelessly high if you enter a G1 value and tell Shooter it's a G7.

Reactions: Jevaughn0823
When you switch to the G7, you have to enter an actual G7 value for the BC.

Shooter doesn't automatically adjust the number for you. G7s are about half the G1s, so your BC will be hopelessly high if you enter a G1 value and tell Shooter it's a G7.
Ahh gotcha! Would the G7 value be on the Hornady website?