• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

shooter app

bigmike2121

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2011
longview, tx
ok, noob at this ballistic app stuff. Bought the app but cant figure it all out. where do you find all the bullet info they require you to input. i.e. bullet length, coefficiant and so on. need help bad

Re: shooter app

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigmike2121</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok, noob at this ballistic app stuff. Bought the app but cant figure it all out. where do you find all the bullet info they require you to input. i.e. bullet length, coefficiant and so on. need help bad </div></div>

I assume you're using factory ammo? I've been able to find most ammo that I shoot in the bullet library.

If you use a bullet from the library all the info should auto populate except for velocity.

If you are using a bullet that is not in the library you need to obtain the info from other sources(ie..the manufacture of the bullet).

How much was it? I might have to check it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krg648</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much was it? I might have to check it out. </div></div>

Shooter app is $10 I believe. The user guide is free!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pawater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone using is past 1k ?</div></div>

260 142gr smk at 1 mile... dead on....

I have an iphone, what's the name of the app you guys are using?

Shooter, best ballistic App in my opinion, the algorithms were created by Bryan Litz, Chief Ballistician at Berger Bullets.

Found it thanks. Had to scroll through about 200 games first to find it.

I highly suggest you do some reading and searching because the answer is not that simple. Ballistic calculators are shit in, shit out programs; your output data is only as accurate as your input data.

Nearly every variable in shooting is constant and can be accounted for(except wind), but the information has to be accurate. I suggest you do some reading on ballistics and find out exactly WHY and HOW the different factors affect your bullet. With a better understanding of these factors, it will make the calculator less intimidating.

Key factors to pay attention to:

Muzzle velocity
barrel length
barrel twist
bullet weight
ballistic coefficient(the G7 scale is a more accurate drag model for modern projectiles than G1 and beware of mfrs posted BCs as they're a selling point and usually embellished. If possible, use the projectile in the library marked with "Litz". If you don't know who he is, google Brian Litz)
scope height over bore

As far as environmentals,
Altitude
barometric pressure
OR
density altitude
temperature
wind speed(input is at the shooter but must be tracked at several points downrange using indicators)
wind direction(same deal as above)

These are the absolute bare minimum to calculate an accurate firing solution. Again shit in, shit out so if you don't know it, don't swag it.