• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater "shooter" the book and not the one you thinking of

Re: "shooter" the book and not the one you thinking of

sorry, I thought I might be but there were about 4000 result when I searched, so enlighten me please

I'm late to the party as well, having just finished this POS book last week. I knew it would be pretty much a waste when he was shoving a "clip" into his Barrett 50. I finished reading the rest of it anyhow. Had some pretty good stuff in it, but overall a waste of a couple of hours of my life. My question is WHO named him the "highest rated sniper" anyhow. I've never been in the military, but I didn't know snipers were in some kind of competition for ratings.

Ya live and ya learn. Next time I will check a few reviews before I pop for even a used book about sniping. I can learn more on here in an hour than I can reading most of the drivel out there in book form.

If I recall correctly from previous posts:

Never a true USMC Scout Sniper as he only went to the 2 week school in Hawaii.

Calls himself a sniper but really isn't, more a DM.

When confronted by a former 8541 of him claming to be an USMC SS became pissy and threatening.

The term "master sniper" or similar (cant recall from the book) was given to him by and officr.

There is a crap load of facts on this site about it if you care to search. Some very interesting.

I found the book intresting when you read around the bullshit. He did go into a mondern day combat with a bolt action rifle. I will give em that.

I do think its shitty he's making money by implying he was a sniper when he truely wasn't.

My 2 cents.

You guys are going to love this. A friend told me they are trying to make this into a movie.

I read this book a good while back...I thought it was a good book with a good amount of action. When I heard that he wasn't all that he said he was I was really disappointed in him and his claims.

BTW: If he didn't go to one of the official sniper schools does that make him any less of a sniper if he accomplished the same mission with the same equipment in combat?

+1 Chance. My bud is a not a hog but a pig with 2 tours with a SS plt. He has a shit load of action with a M40a3 during both tours. Is he not a real Scout Sniper? A team mate of mine at work is a schooled 8541 but was in the Corps during peace time but he says no. Lets see. 2 tours behind a bolt gun and "getting some" and the peace time guy says no. I think he is a douche bag.

Good question and I'm not the one to answer it. Ask the men who have been thru it and earned the title of Scout Sniper.

You think Marky Mark will be in this one too? Maybe they can get Antoine Fuqua to screw the storyline up in the movie like he didi with "Point of Impact" (the movie 'Shooter").

I found Shooter at a half-price book store and read it; also read all the Swagger books (after seeing them discussed here) and got Shooter dvd at the pawnshop.

The movie Shooter is better than Point of Impact. If the director of Shooter did the rest of the Swagger books, and left all the fucked up traits the scumbag who wrote them attributed to the Swagger family, they would be good movies, and better than the books by far.

Read Shooter. An okay book about a guy who shot men in battle with deliberate aimed fire at longrange. What else is there to sniping? Scout-Sniper is something else, for sure.

Yet, the author makes a GREAT point that precision riflemen deployed with speed and continually moving are a more formidable weapon, get more body counts, than do a pair of guys doing the low-crawl, or crab walking through the weeds.

Sniping is all about hitting at distance, and the more of this that one guy or team can do, the better. Different terrain A/O allows different tactics.

Another story/recount with tactics that vary from tradition is Shot Through The Heart. Anyone know if that was adapted from a book and if so, the title?

Most sniper memoirs, except Marine Sniper, go pretty slow. Like, Dear Mom, and A Sniper In The Arizona. Shooter is similar to these.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swamper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What else is there to sniping? </div></div>

Intelligence collection? Fieldraft?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac679</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swamper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What else is there to sniping? </div></div>

Intelligence collection? Fieldraft? </div></div>

ding,ding,ding........very good grasshopper........+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC 0231</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 Chance. My bud is a not a hog but a pig with 2 tours with a SS plt. He has a shit load of action with a M40a3 during both tours. Is he not a real Scout Sniper? A team mate of mine at work is a schooled 8541 but was in the Corps during peace time but he says no. Lets see. 2 tours behind a bolt gun and "getting some" and the peace time guy says no. I think he is a douche bag. </div></div>

to be real honest no your buddy who is a PIG isnt a sniper. The guy that was a school trained 8541 was a sniper. not taking anything away from your buddy or what hes done, but he doesnt wear a HOGs tooth so no he isnt a sniper. The whole getting some isnt what defines a sniper per say, 90% of our mission doesnt involve actually pulling the trigger, we are the eyes and ears of the battalion.

I hear you and respect the hogs tooth but I still think a pig with 2 tours "getting Some" and also doing the snoop and poop thing is the real deal. He just didn't have enough time on his contract to go to school. He was telling me that some pigs even get to be a team leader. With the teams being spread thin in the urban areas a lot of use of pigs seems to be going up. Since I'm LE sniper and not a 8541 trained one, I can't defend or debate this too much but you have to see my point, even if just a little.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC 0231</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear you and respect the hogs tooth but I still think a pig with 2 tours "getting Some" and also doing the snoop and poop thing is the real deal. He just didn't have enough time on his contract to go to school. He was telling me that some pigs even get to be a team leader. With the teams being spread thin in the urban areas a lot of use of pigs seems to be going up. Since I'm LE sniper and not a 8541 trained one, I can't defend or debate this too much but you have to see my point, even if just a little. </div></div> Dont get me wrong he did what a school trained sniper does, not taking that away from him. Understand the thing about the contract too keeping him from school. Yes there are some PIGS that become TLs but its a very senior pig that has been around a while. But its a pride thing with us 8541/0317 s that if you didnt go to school you arent a "sniper" my best friend hasnt been to school but him and i have been in the platoon for 3.5 years and i still wont let him say that he is a sniper. So i dont agree that your buddy is a sniper, he may have done a snipers job and done it well, but he isnt a sniper. Not trying to take credibility away from him by any means though

Re: "shooter" the book and not the one you thinkin

After reading what it takes to get accepted and to complete the Marine Scout/Sniper Basic Course......I'd be offended too if someone wanted to compare themselves to an actual 0317 graduate.

I'm not in the militay and I only had to complete a LE Basic Sniper course. I still don't refer to myself as a "sniper" when people ask about my position.....I feel too guilty doing that knowing that I haven't received the same training as my military counterparts. I simply tell them I'm the Dept. Precision Marksman......besides in this PC world, it sounds better to the "locals" than having a "sniper" on their police force.

Read Long Rifle by Joe LeBleu much better book isnt an ass like the shooter author

I forgot where I saw it, but there was a forum where someone called him on some of his stuff from the book. He was very defensive, and spoke of a lot of personal event currently happening for him. I got the book a while ago, read it, and was mildly entertained by it. "Downrange" was better, and "Marine Sniper"/"Silent Warrior" were way more better. I like books written by a third party, not first person. It shows more admiration.

Why can't they make a movie about Hathcock? I've seen "Shooter" and "Enemy at the Gates" but Hollywood seemingly refuses to make a movie about someone whom I think is a real hero. If they would make one remaining true to the story as told in "Marine Sniper" I think it would be great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry C Jolly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why can't they make a movie about Hathcock? I've seen "Shooter" and "Enemy at the Gates" but Hollywood seemingly refuses to make a movie about someone whom I think is a real hero.... </div></div>If Hollyweird's version of the "facts" follows their normal pattern in making a movie about someone I actually respected, I'd call this "a blessing in disguise".

This is the only book I have read front to back. Very good book