• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooters world 6.5cm velocity check

bdubmkg

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2023
Texas
I've been using shooters world precision rifle powder for my 6.5cm and 140gr loads for a while. Until this past fall I never had access to a chronograph till I bought one from here to check the speeds. For the best group, I was middle of the road for their load workup but my speeds are at 2577 which seems on the low end. Shooting a bergara premier hmr pro w/ 24" barrel.

Anyone else use this powder in their 6.5? How are your speeds?

That’s slow. I run 130s with 39.2 grains and get 2910. My 144s with the same powder charge run 2775
Edit to add. Both with Peterson brass

I've been using shooters world precision rifle powder for my 6.5cm and 140gr loads for a while. Until this past fall I never had access to a chronograph till I bought one from here to check the speeds. For the best group, I was middle of the road for their load workup but my speeds are at 2577 which seems on the low end. Shooting a bergara premier hmr pro w/ 24" barrel.

Anyone else use this powder in their 6.5? How are your speeds?
Yes. That's a pretty low MV, even for a 140 gr pill. You should be able to easily get 2650 fps out of your 24" barrel with 37 grs of Shooters World Precision.. But, I must say, I don't think is really a very good powder for a 6.5CM. I say that because it doesn't fill the case well before maxing out your pressure. If you can get Shooters World SW4350, this would be a better powder for you gun. IMHO

That’s slow. I run 130s with 39.2 grains and get 2910. My 144s with the same powder charge run 2775
Edit to add. Both with Peterson brass
You running a compressed load at that point? I'm using hornady brass so not sure if there's any difference in case capacity.

You running a compressed load at that point? I'm using hornady brass so not sure if there's any difference in case capacity.
Hornady brass has more case capacity than Peterson. I use both.

Reactions: tnc