• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooters World AR Plus and SW Match Rifle

MAHLMAN

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
OK here as in many places it seems I can't find the right word combination or the search engines are broke. Spent some time looking for feedback on the two powders in the title and find very little. I am not going for competition I want basic good accuracy and have a variety of stock AR15's 16" and 18" barrels. AR-10's are 16" and 20". Again these are stock and not altered for accuracy nor any special match barrels. Twist rate is standard Ruger 223 and DPMS 308 which I do not remember off hand. My longest shot on my land is 200yds or less. Mostly 62 grain on the 223 and 150,180gr on the 308. Bullet weights may vary at times depending on what I can find but I have these on hand now and will begin reloading soon. Also the brass is mixed and once (or more I am sure) fired.

I love AR+, I get outstanding velocity and decent enough accuracy out of it, and even now it's probably the cheapest jug of powder out there, even cheaper than pull down 844. It has flash suppressants etc too. I shot it from 55-75gr and it easily outran everything else. If you read the description it says it is made for full power loads and that's been true for me, I've gone through two different jugs, two different lots and it doesn't do anytweird at the top end, at least for me and my lots. Obviously use good reloading practices.

Thanks Jonathan. You obviously found the question and that is what I am looking for. MidSouth has some AR in stock and I am on my way to get
You will get better statistics out of the match rifle for sure, I've had plenty of sub moa groups with AR+, but the sd's weren't awesome, but I'm usually limited in range like you so I'll take it

You will get better statistics out of the match rifle for sure, I've had plenty of sub moa groups with AR+, but the sd's weren't awesome, but I'm usually limited in range like you so I'll take it

Curious what you are seeing out of the match rifle? I have picked up a few jugs of each over the pandemic but havent started to experiment with either one just yet.

Thanks Jonathan. You obviously found the question and that is what I am looking for. MidSouth has some AR in stock and I am on my way to get
You will get better statistics out of the match rifle for sure, I've had plenty of sub moa groups with AR+, but the sd's weren't awesome, but I'm usually limited in range like you so I'll taken
Curious what you are seeing out of the match rifle? I have picked up a few jugs of each over the pandemic but havent started to experiment with either one just yet.
I haven't tried it, here is why I said that, for all the glorious velocity AR+ makes, it lacks in statistics lol, any extruded stick powder should easily outclass AR+ Statistically. I think johnnys reloading bench had good success with match rifle. A lot of people like it. If it's anything lije precision, it should be good.

I love AR+, I get outstanding velocity and decent enough accuracy out of it, and even now it's probably the cheapest jug of powder out there, even cheaper than pull down 844. It has flash suppressants etc too. I shot it from 55-75gr and it easily outran everything else. If you read the description it says it is made for full power loads and that's been true for me, I've gone through two different jugs, two different lots and it doesn't do anytweird at the top end, at least for me and my lots. Obviously use good reloading practices.
Curious what loads you are using with the AR plus and on what gun?

The SW Tactical Rifle I have found to be great with Hornady 55's and is my go to replacement for AR Comp, but I have some AR Plus as well and so far havent found the right load for it.