• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting .22 PRS etc..in the rain

I never mentioned this in the orginal post, I shoot a Kidd semi auto .22. Anyway other than some potential rust there shouldn't be any equipment damage I ought to be concerned about.

So...it looks like my Olympic dreams are going to have to wait as I hummed an hawed up until the 11th hour and passed on the event as the weather kept on getting worse and it was cold. Rain the day and night before and rain and freezing rain all day long and ~ 34F during the event. Was disappointed but won't pass next time.
I will do cold and I will do rain. But cold rain nope not going to happen for me.

No, he said it right. You left out the part where he said wipe down what you can wipe down and leave it in a dry place.
There are days when oiled rags are fine, there are days when dis-assembly is mandatory. Just my $0.02. Its not really a big deal, just more of a hassle and waste of time. Not a hurdle that cannot be overcome, nor is it rocket science. Its defitely informs my evaluation of product design.

Last edited:
Reactions: Precision Quest
I am debating going in a PRS event this weekend. However, it is showing rain all weekend long. Wondering who has shot in the rain and did the weather result in any damage to your gear or equipment?

I know in a centrefire water in the barrel wouldn't be as much of a concern as my thoughts would tha tthe gas would blow out of vaporize any water that ended up it barrel. However, not sure that would be the case with a .22, being there is such a small powder charge and a minimal gas cloud ahead of the bullet.

Pls advise.
Shoot like a girl