• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting an AR15

jrpilot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
I'm very experienced in precision bolt gun shooting, but just getting into the AR platform. My POF415 shoots really well when I shoot free recoil. Under MOA not loading the bi pod. When I load the bi pod the groups open up. Im used to loading the bi pod on my bolt gun, which I find easier to shoot also.

My question to this group is: Do you load your bi pod on your AR platform?

Actually, I never thought about it. It is like riding a bicycle, and a gas gun is different than a bolt action gun. It might be that your BA rifle is much heavier, especially in the barrel, than an AR platform. For a 5.56mm gas gun, there should be very little movement or recoil. A little bit more with a 7.62, but if you balance the barrel and the buffer, and learn the weight of your barrel, your shots will be very natural.

As I think of it, it is easier to see the impact of a heavier bolt gun than a gas gun, but when in doubt, fire off six rounds instead of one. :sneaky: