• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting at night

aprocast

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2012
So I spend a very good proportion of my life in the desert.
Mostly during the day conditions are not conducive to good marksmanship
Does anyone have experience of shooting long range at night, temperatures and conditions are much more pleasant
Most of our hunting is at night but is there anything to look out for apart from heavier atmospheric conditions

No mirage to gauge down range wind. Spotting misses is tougher. Aside from that it's pretty similar, especially with a weapon mounted lrf. Get a good clip on and illuminator and you'll be set.

I love shooting at night.
Get yourslf a couple pallets and some 2x4s and make a big target backer. put up cardboard.
I have a spottin scope but it only works so well... you have to drive back and forth to see your groups.
Until I shot at steel last night. Its like a heavy shootn see target.
And get a light to leave at the target.
I have one of these from Tractor Supply, just turn on one bar and lay in on the ground in front of the target.

1632692753957.png

This is our setup from last night.

IMG_4634.jpg

Reactions: aprocast
Get yourslf a couple pallets and some 2x4s and make a big target backer. put up cardboard.
I have a spottin scope but it only works so well... you have to drive back and forth to see your groups.
I have one of these from Tractor Supply, just turn on one bar and lay in on the ground in front of the target.

View attachment 7710357

View attachment 7710349

You're doing it wrong.....

View attachment 7710357

View attachment 7710349
That is great