• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos shooting at the ranch

Re: shooting at the ranch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D. Miller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The good old jeep shooting platform. </div></div>
i would of shot off the ground but to much mud and water.

Great platform!
in my farm i shoot from my tractor..
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Abiel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D. Miller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The good old jeep shooting platform. </div></div>
i would of shot off the ground but to much mud and water. </div></div>
Nothing wrong with that.

I use the truck from time to time. We dont have any mud or water to worry about but it cuts down on the mirage shooting a few feet higher.

Great shooting platform.Will do anything to enjoy a day of shooting.

I hope the concussion doesn't blow out your glass... not good!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope the concussion doesn't blow out your glass... not good!!

DK </div></div>

At max that thing is a .338. If it blows out glass I'll take one just for fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope the concussion doesn't blow out your glass... not good!!

DK </div></div>

At max that thing is a .338. If it blows out glass I'll take one just for fun. </div></div>
its a .300 win mag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We usually just shoot out of the bed of the pickup. Buddy even put a bed rug in just for that. </div></div>
i would ofdone that to but the truck we got is just a rear wheel drive and we needed a 4wd for the mud

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats one expensive shooting bench </div></div>

+1, whatever works for you I guess. Use what you have available.

Ive shattered a taillaight when I had my Dodge shooting out of the bed.... it did not like a 408CT with muzzle break.

Been there/done that. Wind blows the vehicle around too much on the tires and suspension out west to use it as an effective platform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been there/done that. Wind blows the vehicle around too much on the tires and suspension out west to use it as an effective platform. </div></div>
it was actually really calm that day. i had 1-3mph head wind

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That happens here like 3 times a year
wink.gif
</div></div>
that sucks. it was to easy shooting that day
grin.gif