• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting bags-Made in USA

mfast10

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2012
Northeast Florida, USA
I am looking to get some new shooting bags, both front and rear. I know that the Caldwell bags seem to be the most popular and work well. Are they or any other brands made in the USA? I am tired of buying so many things that are imported.

Here's a few I've seen:
Bagmaster from St. Louis
Duluth Pack made in MN
Larue
G.P.S. Wild About Shooting - not sure where these are made but they are pretty cool

I'd look closer at Duluth--typically good quality. I like the leather bags (eagle embossed), but not sure of brand. The buffalo hide bags that Sportsman's sells are awesome but stupid expensive. I have one of their large ones and few of the old school leather bags that I use mostly when shooting big-bore and XP-100 type toys off the bench.

Is sway from Caldwell bags though. I have one of their front rests which I am more tan happy with, but the bag that sits atop the rest busted from my bi-pod/sling stud hitting it under recoil like my third trip out. Not impressed with the bay's lack of durability at a clearly expected stress point. Replaced with old-school leather bag and rest is still running strong couple years later.

When I read the post last night I was thinking range bags instead of sand bags. Sorry for any confusion. For a BR type the Edgewoods are mighty nice, and the protektors are pretty nice as well.

Protektor bags are very good quality. When filled with sand, they are very stable but heavy. You can also fill them with poly pellets to reduce weight but they won't be as stable. It's a trade-off that you have to decide upon.

My favorite front bag is the bulls bag. http://www.bullsbag.com/ I have no idea where it is made, you'll have to call yourself. They have a variety of sizes and prices and models that you can use whatever weight fill you like in. I make my own rear bags so I guess mine is made in the USA but not so much available for sale.

The advanced MOA Shooting bag is made by MOA Systems

They are the inflatable bags to say it simply.

Check them out at moashooter.com

I have a set of benchmaster usa bison leather bags and they are sweet and get some looks and comments at the range. They are definitely expensive but they run specials and free shipping offers all the time. and they have a 5 year warranty.

I like your wanting to buy "made in USA", I feel the same way. We [Americans] are often being fooled by low life sellers, they have their parts made in china, and do only the final sewing in the U.S., then call it, "Made in USA"!! To add salt to the wound, they often puff-up about being American made! I've seen a number of gun related mfgs, that sew or mfg part of their products in the U.S., they always talk about their made in the U.S. products, while the majority of their products are made in China, or elsewhere. Are they dishonest? In the broad sense of things, they are less honest than those that are up-front about their products not being made in the USA. When you can buy an Amerian made product, from a company that makes their products in the US, that is great, I do when ever I can, I don't buy from those that claim to be US made, when in fact, at most, they just assemble chinese made parts, and charge extra-playing on those of us that care about our country.

Last edited:
str8lacedgear.com and wiebad makes some good bags for competition.

Protektor bags are very good quality. When filled with sand, they are very stable but heavy. You can also fill them with poly pellets to reduce weight but they won't be as stable. It's a trade-off that you have to decide upon.
I'm very impressed with the look and prices of these Protektor bags. I think I'll order a couple and see.