• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting close to home...media getting it right so far

spaniel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2006
We had a school shooting in Noblesville IN, just 20 miles from where I work and 30 from where my kids were in school. Apparently the kid opened fire in a science classroom and the teacher, a former college defensive back, took action and tackled him while knocking the gun away - but took 3 rounds himself in doing so.

So far the press has been in the right direction....the hero's name and image are being plastered all over but no mention of the name or posting of the picture of the lunatic kid. I'm sure the media will resume their normal behavior by tomorrow and give the kid the notoriety he was seeking....

Teacher (ex college football player) was shot 3 times. He's doing fine but a female student is in critical condition due to this wannabe copycat shooter.