• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting glasses and binos

verdugo60

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 6, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Looking for recommendations on comfortable shooting glasses that work well with binos. The shape of my face is such that I never seem to need to run the eye cups on binos out, I’m always squishing my eyes as close to the lenses as possible to get a clear field of view it seems.

Recently got some polarized Leupold shooting/sun glasses that are nice and all, but their shape makes it impossible to use my new Leica 10x32 PRO’s.

Any suggestions on eyewear or adjustments on the binos to mitigate the feeling of looking through toilet paper tubes?

If you have to squish binos up on your eyes to see through them, then there isn't a shooting eyewear solution for you. Look into long eye relief binoculars. I tend to move my eye pro out of the way to use binos and spotters.

Looking for recommendations on comfortable shooting glasses that work well with binos. The shape of my face is such that I never seem to need to run the eye cups on binos out, I’m always squishing my eyes as close to the lenses as possible to get a clear field of view it seems.

Recently got some polarized Leupold shooting/sun glasses that are nice and all, but their shape makes it impossible to use my new Leica 10x32 PRO’s.

Any suggestions on eyewear or adjustments on the binos to mitigate the feeling of looking through toilet paper tubes?
    Look at Randolph Engineering for real shooting glasses.

We spend so much on scopes w high quality glass then often put a cheap glasses over our eyes.

Can’t comment on why you need to get so close to your ocular

Thanks for the tip on randolph. I have eyepro I can use with binos, I just have to use stuff that’s flexible or sits really close to the face.

I guess I’ve never thought about it, do most people run binos with the eyecups clicked out? I know my dad does. I’ve always had to run them all the way down. I was hoping these Leica’s would be the final bino/RF for me, they are very nice. Might have to go back to the search for ones with more eye relief. The Zeiss RF seemed really easy to get behind. But the laser isn’t great. Dangit!

Reactions: Baron23
    I also have the Leica rangebinos. They do have a short eye relief to get a proper image, I've never been able to get them to work well with sunnys on. I just push them up on my forehead while I'm on glass, then drop them down when I come off.

I also have the Leica rangebinos. They do have a short eye relief to get a proper image, I've never been able to get them to work well with sunnys on. I just push them up on my forehead while I'm on glass, then drop them down when I come off.
    Thanks for the info man, good to know it’s not just me.

Thanks for the tip on randolph. I have eyepro I can use with binos, I just have to use stuff that’s flexible or sits really close to the face.

I guess I’ve never thought about it, do most people run binos with the eyecups clicked out? I know my dad does. I’ve always had to run them all the way down. I was hoping these Leica’s would be the final bino/RF for me, they are very nice. Might have to go back to the search for ones with more eye relief. The Zeiss RF seemed really easy to get behind. But the laser isn’t great. Dangit!
    I have the older Zeiss RF, the laser can range 1500-1600 yards. Even with the good eye relief, I still take my eye pro off to look through them. Shooting glasses tend to curve away from your eyes that makes them stick out a lot. It's better than having them fog up though.

Reactions: verdugo60
    Ok OP, don’t lie. This is you, right?

9A04CBAE-51E2-4954-AF3E-2EAA2477350F.jpeg

Not sure what kind of eye protection you could possibly wear to not push your eyes even further away. Hmmmm…

Ok OP, don’t lie. This is you, right?

View attachment 7889494

Not sure what kind of eye protection you could possibly wear to not push your eyes even further away. Hmmmm…
    That’s a pretty similar likeness, lol.

Obviously eyepro is going to be in the way. I was wondering if people in a similar situation have found eye pro that works better.

I have some bolle ones that actually flex pretty well when I push into the binos and I can get a good view with those. Was wondering if there are similar options others have found.

I ended up just taking my sunnies off most the time glassing at the match today because I was one of the only one in the squad with good binos that could spot. Which wasn’t bad even though it was 100 FREAKING DEGREES! 🤯

Reactions: carbonbased
    Why wear eye protection when behind binos? I only put eye pro one when I get behind the rifle. Behind the shooters, behind binos.... I have not had any issues at multiple ranges here in Norther Nevada, so unless they are requiring it I don't see the need.