• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting glasses

PeterN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2011
Charleston, SC
It's bi-focal time. Does anyone make sHooting glasses that have clear non prescription safety glass lenses with bifocal bottom sections? I'm having difficulty switching from looking through my scope to looking at the small markings on my elevation and windage dials. I seem too remember seeing an add somewhere for such a product but the Google search I just did came up zero

Re: Shooting glasses

CR39 lenses are not. HIP lenses are not. Polycarbonate lenses are.

You'll handicap yourself with the over the counter plano top/bifocal bottom cheap glasses. Spring for a set of Decots with the adjustable nose bridge and be done with it. Your local opto can get them for you or at least help you order them on your own. You'll need your IPD near measurement for them to correctly locate the bifocal on the lens.

Be sure and pop for the AR coating as well. A generic AR is fine; no need to spend the big bucks on a name brand coating.