• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting glasses

Kevlars

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2011
USA
Ok I know that this has been discussed. But I wear glasses and would like them to be prescription as well. I did try to look but I could not find anything around my search criteria. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Shooting glasses

I use the ones from Rudy Project and they work well with a prescription insert. Use the 2alpha code on their website and get 40% off.

Unless the "2alpha" code has changes recently, it's now 30%. If you happen to also have good eye insurance they may help with the bill. Mine will pay for the frames every other year and lenses every year. That and the promo brought the price down to about $70-$90.

You might also check out ESS.

Look at the ESS Crossbow.

Great eyewear I absolutely love my pair (thanks to those on here who recomended them)

You can also buy inserts that fit into the ESS frame that you can have prescription lenses put into. That way you have the inner glass, and then the outer ESS milspec eyewear which wont fog up on you.

So not only are the prescription but they look like normal ESS gear and not some dorky shit.

http://www.esseyepro.com/Crossbow-U-Rx-Insert_191_detail.html

I think most of the bigger makers offer RX lens now days. I have had a couple of Wiley-X and now use Rudy Projects Rydon and they are a regular pair no inserts, just expensive.

I run Oakley 2.0 M-frames and Radars. My prescription is too extreme for the manufactured Oakley RX lenses, not to mention they are a bit pricey. About $450 for frame and one lense Oakley M frame RX lenses

So for a functional alternative:

I use ESS ICE prescription inserts in both and they function quite well and have given me no problems. A little bit of jury rigging can get them to sit fairly solid in either type of eyepro and still allow you to change out the lenses or remove the inserts if desired(i.e. contact lenses). The ICE RX inserts can be had for about $30ish.

ESS ICE with RX inserts

If you wanna know more about how to actually get the inserts to set into the Oaks, just lemme know.

Decot are outstanding.

Easy to change lenses and an adjustable nosepiece help when shooting prone.