• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting habits

stel67

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2012
With the recent events making all things gun go crazy, be it high capacity mags to the gun that shoots it, how much are you guys shooting these days? I have a few Ar's and to be honest I am afraid to shoot them as ammo is non existent right now and if you do find some the price is outrageous. For me the whole point of owning a gun besides self defense is the joy of shooting them. I am not enjoying them very much these days. It is getting to be like owning a gas guzzler, you like the car but you do not really drive it because it just cost to damn much and your other car gets a lot better gas mileage...My Ar's are now just safe queens!

Re: Shooting habits

The sad part is there are a lot of non shooters out there that just store this stuff away for the end of the world or a Zombi attack.. I know several. People with 10's of thousands of rounds of ammo and 6 or 7 AR's that will never see round 1 in there life time. and they don't shoot! so called peppers but they are just hoarders. If all the ammo that will never see the light of day was dumped on the market it would be worthless. You know like diamonds..hahaha

I soot my shit and I'm sad about this stupid price gouging. i have a certain amount of reserve but I soot way more than I have saved. now I may have to hold on that

still shooting. had stocked up on reloading components prior to the election - so I'm still paying < $0.20/rd for 5.56.
wink.gif

You do realize that this is exactly what they want. They get the prices up through one form or another, so you shoot less. Eventually it will be only a handful of times a year you go and shoot. Then it will be only a couple, next thing you know things are so out of touch you almost never shoot.

I remember my buddy and I each throwing in a fifty dollar bill and buying a 1K case of ammo and having a hell of a weekend of shooting. We'd do that often in the summer. If we couldn't find ammo for 0.10 a piece we'd get offended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the recent events making all things gun go crazy, be it high capacity mags to the gun that shoots it, how much are you guys shooting these days? I have a few Ar's and to be honest I am afraid to shoot them as ammo is non existent right now and if you do find some the price is outrageous. For me the whole point of owning a gun besides self defense is the joy of shooting them. I am not enjoying them very much these days. It is getting to be like owning a gas guzzler, you like the car but you do not really drive it because it just cost to damn much and your other car gets a lot better gas mileage...My Ar's are now just safe queens!
</div></div>

Now imagine owning an AR in what I still consider, to be a wildcat! lol I don't shoot much at all anymore to say the least.