• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting low off barricade. ?

BurtG

GOLDEN TICKET HOLDER
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2022
    Northeast
    I shoot .15-.25 low off barricades standing or kneeling. Any particular things I should look for ? I don’t think I’m dropping the bag when I zero prone

A4BAEEA8-76B0-4774-921E-B6F2D316ED11.jpeg

4B2C9FEC-D911-49D7-AF34-FBA9FA11810A.jpeg

Zero off of the barricade. Most matches only have 1 maybe 2 stages prone but the rest are usually positional.

Reactions: BurtG
    Also could be cheek placement between the two. I used to have to really force my face down on my cheek rest. I’ve since lowered my cheek rest and it seems to really help in matches.

Another thing to check: if you zero off a bipod in the prone and load it too much, it can push your POI high, which would cause what you’re seeing when shooting positional. Zero with little to no load on the bipod, if you use one.

You are likely seeing bounce from the bipod verses bags on a barricade. Generally speaking, the less support a rifle has, the lower it will shoot. I’ve seen this both in barricade shooting as well as 4-P positional shooting.

It’s pretty common. When you fire the rifle it starts to move before the bullet leaves the barrel. If the rifle interacts differently with your body from prone to barricade you can get a different POI. A lot of guys pin the stock down to the bag in prone and then free recoil on a barricade. That can make two different zeros. It’s usually more than .15-.25. Isn’t your target showing .53 and .92?

Reactions: Pete B