• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

shooting movers

Re: shooting movers

Why is lake titicacca not filled with boobs and poop?
grin.gif

Follow through with your rifle, "shoot at where the target is going to be"

Steve

- Trap or lead

- .6 MIL x MPH

- Oblique angles = 3/4 dope

- Hold is the leading edge of the target

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">- Trap or lead

- .6 MIL x MPH

- Oblique angles = 3/4 dope

- Hold is the leading edge of the target

</div></div>

I remember the trap or lead however
thanks on the formula
thats a new one for sure
need to practice movers !!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is lake titicacca not filled with boobs and poop?
grin.gif

Follow through with your rifle, "shoot at where the target is going to be"

Steve
</div></div>

LMAO!!

Lindy get's credit for the math. Here's a tip - find one of Lindy's posts -> click on his name -> click on 'find all posts' -> start reading. Seriously.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lindy get's credit for the math. Here's a tip - find one of Lindy's posts -> click on his name -> click on 'find all posts' -> start reading. Seriously.

Good luck </div></div>

thanks

I personally use the trap method. Some like the track method. I like the gun to be still when breaking the shot off. The hardest part for me is figuring out how fast the target is moving and spotting your hits. Just print out lead charts for your reticle (MOA or mils) for different speeds. Most common speeds are 2-5 mph.
Just last weekend, Tac Pro's mover in the sniper match was a 9-10 MOA lead at 500 yards. I was holding 6, then 8, and was still hitting behind it. Only 2 out of 14 shooters scored any hits. That freakin' target was moving!

At READE we have run movers at a walk at 600yds and at a run at 200yds, Plus from angles and a hostage mover with balloons..........miker

A ballistic program is your best bet, and don't forget to add or subtract wind depending on direction of movement. A casual walk is 2 to 2.5 mph, fast walk closer to 4 mph.

If you get a chance to watch it before shooting, time it across a known distance and figure speed.

We have been shooting movers from 125 to 200 (offhand) 300 to 600 (prone) and I was amazed at how well it can be done with the correct info.

I like to track the target but either way works. I also hold where I want the bullet to hit at 500 and 600, that way I can gauge if my speed input is correct by where the bullet hits on target.

Lots of variables involved so nail down all the specifics you can:
Bullet speed/time of flight
Distance to target
Target speed
Wind
Aspect

there are some here w/the institutional memory..............that will remember the question that was asked during the VN conflict.....goes something like this,

reporter;...how can you shoot women and children ?

some soldier just back from VN;.........you just don't lead them as much.

That alleged incident was related in <span style="font-style: italic">Dispatches</span> by Michael Herr, one of the best first-person books about Vietnam.

THE SIMULATOR IS AWSOME BUT I CANNOT FIGURE IT OUT I TRY THE FORMULAS BUT I DONT GET THE SAME AS THE SIMULATOR. i ONLY HOPE IT IS NOT AS HARD AS THAT IN THE FIELD.

In parts of LA to remain unkown, at one time or another, an unmanned tractor has been known to trailer a target across a field until the swiss cheese effect is produced. Good way to practice if no access to a "real" mover setup is available.

The fruits of that training has been demonstrated on various occasions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In parts of LA to remain unkown, at one time or another, an unmanned tractor has been known to trailer a target across a field until the swiss cheese effect is produced. Good way to practice if no access to a "real" mover setup is available.

The fruits of that training has been demonstrated on various occasions. </div></div>

That is improvising at its best right there.
smile.gif

I heard of that moving tractor trick,:)....
Heck almost got run over by the darn thing, But Matchking and my little brother won the mover stage at Tiger VAlley because of that darn thing

I think my buddy has had to fix a few of those tractors! lmao

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">reporter;...how can you shoot women and children?</div></div>

IIRC that was Dan Rather's question on his first "Fact Finding Trip",..an the answer he got was,.... the same way I'd shoot you! The responce was not in VN, it came while Rather was on Cambodian dirt.

20 years ago when I was doing Lots of Coyote Hunting I took an old Tire and put some Card Board in the middle of it and I would have my Wife roll it off the side of a hill. One never knew exactly how it would roll and at times it would get some air like a Coyote jumping some brush. It was great practice on movers.

I started Hunting Coyotes again after those 20 years and can't hit shit moving so I need my Wife to roll some more tires.
smile.gif

I've thought about doing something like that. The problem is I'm usually alone. I need to figure out how to load some tires in a cattle shoot of such and release one at a time from a distance. hmmm

Water balloon holding top of tire, kill it, tire rolls down an out of the angled frame. Use 12" tires, if you can find them if not then 13",... bigger than those, your fooling your self.

Many ways to skin a cat,... 1 moa dinger with auto latch works also. Big piece of cardboard, between you an side kick, you at ready, your side kick shoots the trip when he/she wants,...you have to be "shooter up" longer than normal to add reality.